Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendricks' hand not broken, wants GSP in August

Hybrid View

Default Hendricks' hand not broken, wants GSP in August

Hendricks' hand not broken, wants GSP in August - Mixed Martial Arts News

However, three days after the event, Hendricks revealed his hand is free of major injuries and he will be ready to challenge reigning 170-pound kingpin Georges St. Pierre for the title whenever the champion is ready to return to mixed martial arts (MMA) action (he prefers August).

Ariel Helwani provided the following update on Hendricks' health on Tuesday's (March 19, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV:

"Of course he had the big win on Saturday night, and after the win over Carlos Condit, he told us that he was afraid he may have broken his dangerous left hand. Well, that does not appear to be the case. I spoke to him today and he said he thinks what happened was he dislocated a couple of fingers early in the fight and then as the fight went on --of course it went the full 15-minutes-- it popped back into place. That's why he was feeling so much pain after the fight but right now he doesn't think he broke his hand and he's going to have an x-ray just to make sure everything's okay, but he's pretty confident there was no break. He's hoping that he'll get the title shot against GSP in August. He says he'll take it anywhere, anyplace, anytime. He's really still on cloud nine after getting the shot, he's in such a good mood right now."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think Johny can beat GSP. There I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

That's very good to hear, because his wrestling and punching power is much better than GSP's and I can see him taking the belt.
    He lacks technicality, reach, and speed, but if he catches GSP with any of the punches he caught Condit with it's Night Night for the Champ.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I just want to see how GSP handles a guy like Hendricks. Hendricks is going to come forward and try to take GSP's head off all 5 rounds. No one has really had the skill set to try and do that with GSP. I am sure GSP will find a way to win but with the way Hendrick fights all he needs is one to land and it could be all over.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I just want to see how GSP handles a guy like Hendricks. Hendricks is going to come forward and try to take GSP's head off all 5 rounds. No one has really had the skill set to try and do that with GSP. I am sure GSP will find a way to win but with the way Hendrick fights all he needs is one to land and it could be all over.
    Realistically, Hendricks is going to try to take his head off for 3-7 minutes then gas. Watch Hendricks' fight with Kos again; they are basically mirror images of each other. Hendricks doesn't really bring anything to the table that Kos did.

Personally, I felt like Condit beat Hendricks, taking the 1st and 3rd round. 3rd round Hendricks did nothing just get a few takedowns where Condit popped back up. Condit hurt Hendricks like 3-4 times in that round.

I think Hendricks has a chance, but his striking is kind of sloppy. If he comes forward and tries to blitz GSP he'll most likely just end up on his butt.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    That's very good to hear, because his wrestling and punching power is much better than GSP's and I can see him taking the belt.
    He lacks technicality, reach, and speed, but if he catches GSP with any of the punches he caught Condit with it's Night Night for the Champ.

Top tier opponents always look great until they fight Gsp. Alves looked unstoppable but left the fight crying. diaz looked unstoppable on the feet and gsp stood with him for 13 minutes and i believe he beat him in those 13 mins. Gsp. Kos was thought as Gsps weakness with his wwresling and look what happened. Gsp will stick and move and when Hendricks throws will scoop him up and elbow through the canvas.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    In Blue Gsp may of out struck Nick [Didn't chk fight metrics] But GSP was the one who had the battered face. When Nick said GSP punches like a pussy, I am leaning towards he does,t punch hard just accurately and often. GSP's style fits the current judging style to a T. He always has control but his fighting is control not finishing.

Is GSP a power puncher, no. Does he punch like a pussy, hell no! Is Nick Diaz full of shit, hell yes.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

Thread Information