Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks' hand not broken, wants GSP in August

I thought it was ridiculous how Sherdog and some other sites had titles like "Hendricks battles through injured hand to defeat Condit"

What would have been more suitable would be "Hendricks battles through gassing, and wins what was luckily for him a 3 round fight" It didn't seem like his hand was ever that hurt, it just seemed like he lost steam on it because that's all he threw 90% of the time. Then once Condit knew he wasn't going to be knocked out he really started going for it and started to hurt him.

I think it's just a way to kind of save face for a performance that people might have expected a more dominant win for Johnny in. Perhaps it wasn't the explanation point that some people thought we'd see. I still think he deserves the shot, but I thought the mainstream media were slightly disrespectful to Condit. At the same time I'm not going to say that Johnny's performance should take away any hype though really from a potential fight with GSP...because him having to fight top contenders has been dragging on for a bit too long and plus he got his opponent switched not long before the fight. Plus Condit is always a very tough fight. But...seeing Saturday's fight does makes me believe even more that GSP will win pretty easily vs Hendricks...but I mean, he still deserves it and it has the potential to be exciting, and there is nobody else really...

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    really
    yup

3. Default

I see many fighters able to beat GSP in pure wrestling, but mixing it the way GSP does is the key. Hendricks has the forward moving bombs this is the question how GSP's defense will hold up. If he can't jab and kick mixed in with takedown attemps, and Hendricks gets one good one in it will be a Serra repeat. I figure GSP will do a lot of darting in and out off to the side to avoid Hendricks. If he holds him off for 3 rounds than Hendricks better have his cardio maxed out as he'll need it or he'll be on his back being controled from there on.

Does anyone else think the MMA world will just implode is Weidman beats Silva in July and then Hendricks knocks off GSP in August. I hope that happens. It would be nice to see something different after about 7 years of these two being on top.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

GSP will jab Hendricks into oblivion for a UD.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Does anyone else think the MMA world will just implode is Weidman beats Silva in July and then Hendricks knocks off GSP in August. I hope that happens. It would be nice to see something different after about 7 years of these two being on top.
    Yeah, Hendricks vs Weidman superfight!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Everyone thought Shogun was the baddest mother fucker at LHW after he won the title and everyone believed he should fight AS and alot of peoples were thinking he could also beat AS..Guess what JJ showed up and now he's the dominant guy no 1 can beat.

So who the fuck is to say that some guy cant come along and beat GSP and fill his shoes, Same goes for AS?

Changing of the gaurd happens quite a bit in this sport, Nobody is invincible and there is always going to be someone out there whom is better then the next guy or whom can beat him.

Weidman/Hendricks are going to be the WW and MW champions toughest tests in quite sometime and if either one of thees'e guys or both become champ this year I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone calling Weidman or Hendricks another statistic is a FUCKIN MORON IMHO.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Anyone calling Weidman or Hendricks another statistic is a FUCKIN MORON IMHO.
    Agreed.

I get annoyed by the quasi-tough guy talking about how badly a challenger will lose. They've earned the shot, they're dangerous, and they deserve some respect for it.

That said, I still see Silva and GSP as HUGE favorites.

I see both champs as heavy favorites but also see legit threats to the crown in both challengers.

I do feel as if Weidman is a bigger threat to AS then Hendricks is to GSP though I guess time will tell, Gunna be a fun summer guys
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information