+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cacares suspended for marijuna; Fukuda also test positive

Default Cacares suspended for marijuna; Fukuda also test positive

All 22 fighters on the UFC® on FUEL TV 8 card were drug tested at the event and all fighters passed their drug tests with the exception of Alex Caceres and Riki Fukuda.

Caceres tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout. He has agreed to attend drug rehabilitation classes and will receive a 6-month suspension retroactive to the date of the event and must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again. The outcome of Caceres bout against Kyung Ho Kang will be changed to a no contest.

Fukuda’s results showed the presence of Phenylpropanolamine, Norpseudoephedrine and Ephedrine, which are stimulants and banned substances. Based on Fukuda’s last loss he has been released from his contract with the UFC and the results of his positive test will be reported to the official Association of Boxing Commissions record-keeper.
    Source 1

Source 2

WOW....Fukuda is a .... no fighter bashing

2. 03-21-2013, 02:55 AM

3. Default

This all seems vaguely familiar.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

UFC Fighter Alex Caceres Accepts Responsibility for Failed Drug Test, Issues Statement
    UFC Fighter Alex Caceres Accepts Responsibility for Failed Drug Test, Issues Statement | MMAWeekly.com
    It was revealed on Wednesday that UFC on Fuel TV 8 fighter Alex Caceres failed his drug test following his March 3 fight against Kyung Ho Kang, having tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

He received a six-month suspension retroactive to the date of the event, agreed to attend drug rehabilitation classes, and must pass a drug test upon completing his suspension before he can return to competition.

Caceres made no attempt to diminish his responsibility for failing the drug test, and issued the following statement to MMAWeekly.com late Wednesday afternoon:

“I accept full responsibility for my actions and the consequences from those actions. I apologize to all that I have disappointed, including the UFC, my family, coaches, training partners and fans. I accept the sanctions from the UFC and I look forward to completing the necessary steps to getting back in the octagon following the suspension and assuring that this never happens again.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Geeze this whole weed business is getting ridiculous. Sure it's silly for any AC to punish people who use it, but it's even sillier to use it without an exemption. So did fukuda basically get popped for using somekind of Japanese red bull?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Geeze this whole weed business is getting ridiculous. Sure it's silly for any AC to punish people who use it, but it's even sillier to use it without an exemption. So did fukuda basically get popped for using somekind of Japanese red bull?

After drug tests, Fukuda cites cold medicine, Caceres 'accepts responsibility' | News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    the contents do seem in line with cold medicine, epinephrine and codeine BUT he still needs to get it cleared with the commission and he didn't.

you cannot tell a black man with an afro to NOT smoke weed...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I can see someone being suspended for getting caught with weed in their system, as it is still an illegal drug in most states, but overturning the outcome of a fight because of it seems pretty ridiculous to me.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    the contents do seem in line with cold medicine, epinephrine and codeine BUT he still needs to get it cleared with the commission and he didn't.

you cannot tell a black man with an afro to NOT smoke weed...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Yeah let's talk about weed, if it should be legal or not, if it is a medicine or not etc.
    Because there are very few threads about that, only 4 or 5 every week.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information