Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riddle: White a bald juice monkey who doesn't know s---

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...because it isn't medicine.

And the overwhelming bulk of my contact with people who refer to it as their medicince has led me to the conclusion that they are idiots.

rh
    how can marijuana not be considered a medicine? it does have medicinal use.. granted 90% (random number i made up) of people who do use it aren't using it for medical reasons. kinda like how "real" prescription medicine isn't always used as intended, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that they do have some legit medical use.

matt riddle is still an idiot.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    how can marijuana not be considered a medicine?
    How can it be?

it does have medicinal use..
    ...so does alcohol, cocaine and heroin.

granted 90% (random number i made up) of people who do use it aren't using it for medical reasons.
    In my experience--and I work in drug education--is that the people who are using it medically refer to it as weed, most often because they're using actual, prescribed, clinical medication at the same time and they know the difference.

The people who are looking for an excuse to use it recreationally refer to it as medicine. It's another hipster cleverclever street name. It's stupid.

kinda like how "real" prescription medicine isn't always used as intended, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that they do have some legit medical use.
    I've dealt with a lot of people addicted to vicodin or oxy's and they haven't referred to it as medicine either.

matt riddle is still an idiot.
    hence, my superficial, sanctimonious stereotype is proven correct.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

3. Default

Riv I say weed has some medical purposes, but agree Riddle is a idiot.
    Chemo treatment, just seen a show too were a grower has made some lower in thc[hi part] and kept other part[ can't remember the name] that is good for seize rs, and was helping a kid that had several seize-rs a day. Soposely with the thc so low the kid didn't get high. I don't like to smoke anything, but see were there are some instances were weed can be helpful. Biggest problem with it is the government can't figure out how to regulate it and tax it/ pass the laws as My thoughts are they use drug sales to support many convert operations were they can't use tax money.

4. Default

Enjoy Shark Fight League Riddle. For ever.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Said the unemployed pot head to the guy worth around a quarter bil
    Being rich doesn't mean you are intelligent.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

How can it be?

...so does alcohol, cocaine and heroin.

In my experience--and I work in drug education--is that the people who are using it medically refer to it as weed, most often because they're using actual, prescribed, clinical medication at the same time and they know the difference.

The people who are looking for an excuse to use it recreationally refer to it as medicine. It's another hipster cleverclever street name. It's stupid.

I've dealt with a lot of people addicted to vicodin or oxy's and they haven't referred to it as medicine either.

hence, my superficial, sanctimonious stereotype is proven correct.

rh

people who go through chemo therapy can use weed as a legit way to increase appetite, or people with glaucoma can use it to relieve ocular pressure.

i do agree with you that people often overuse the term medical marijuana to somehow make it less of a deal if they use weed all the time. truthfully it just sounds like you have more of a problem with people who "don't" need marijuana and calling it medicine, rather than the term medical marijuana in general. maybe i'm wrong though. lol.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

I pretty much laugh off almost anyone who refers to weed as their "medicine" as being fairly incapable of stating anything interesting that isn't already incredibly obvious.

I'm not against people who smoke weed. Not at all. I have a lot of friends who smoke a LOT...but it takes a special kind of clueless dipshit to refer to it as their medicine. Riddle manages to do it twice in a 30 second soundbyte.

rh
    you have a point but only if they are smoking it. Would you say the pill form of thc is not a medicine.

"I've dealt with a lot of people addicted to vicodin or oxy's and they haven't referred to it as medicine either."

unless your one in FL or two working with kids it would have started as a med that the person overtook turning it in to a drug

my first pain med was giving to me by a dr. i fucked and went off the deep end with them but that does not mean it's not a med & that i did not have a
    real issuse when i started taking them its when i made the choice the eat 20 at a time that i fucked it up
    Last edited by mma #1 fan; 03-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Being rich doesn't mean you are intelligent.
    When you got rich off the very industry your being told your don't know shit about, i would argue that.
    I am the liquor

...because it isn't medicine.

And the overwhelming bulk of my contact with people who refer to it as their medicince has led me to the conclusion that they are idiots.

rh
    I never refer to it as my medicine but I do believe it is my medicine.

I was 13 or 14 when a shrink said I had ADHD ODD and some depression shit, They prescribed me riddilin I took it once realized it made me a human vegtable and stopped taking it.

The next 4-5 years was nothing but trouble for me in school jobs fights and all the other crazy shit lots of coke and lots of exstacy I was an upper guy and I went big or stayed home, When I decided to get off chemicals I started smoking pot daily and I found that I was still me just not nearly as high strung and bouncing off the walls not as edgy and irratated by everything.

I dunno I believe for medicinal purposes pot has helped me.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Riv I say weed has some medical purposes, but agree Riddle is a idiot.
    Absolutely, and undeniably.

I'm not saying that weed doesn't have some beneficial, medicinal uses.

I am saying two things:
    1) there is a difference between something with some medicinal properties and actual, clinical medicine.
    2) my experience has taught me that the vast bulk of people who refer to it as medicine use it recreationally and are indeed idiots.

I'm not against weed, any more than I'm against aspirin or alcohol or any other inanimate object.

I am against idiots, and I'm particularly against idiots who misrepresent themselves. I'm really, really against idiots who misrepresent themselves in a failed bid for legitimacy, particularly when that failed bid for legitimacy actually delegitimizes the very cause they claim to support.

Back in the day, one of my roommates GF's was an anti-war psuedohippie. She proudly took it upon herself to spraypaint "Death" on a WWII war memorial...one that happened to be less than 100 yards from a company that designed nukes. As she bragged about it, it was difficult for me to explain that her efforts could have been better directed spraybombing the building itself, and that her poorly-researched and ill-advised behavior probably turned more people away from her cause than she attracted.

That's the same way I feel about self-indulgent idiotic weed advocates who use recreationally but hid behind palliative use when it's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    i do agree with you that people often overuse the term medical marijuana to somehow make it less of a deal if they use weed all the time. truthfully it just sounds like you have more of a problem with people who "don't" need marijuana and calling it medicine, rather than the term medical marijuana in general. maybe i'm wrong though. lol.
    If they're ever laughing with their friends about how awesome it is that they scammed the government and got a license to use, and then use recreationally, they forfeit the right to talk about palliative use.

If you're going to use, be a fucking adult about it. Own your behavior.

If enough highly-functioning, tax-paying contributors to society simply advocate recreational use; the public perception will change much quicker. Instead, for every one of them, you have 30 idiots who say that dumb stuff like "smoking my medicine prevents me from beating my kids."

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    When you got rich off the very industry your being told your don't know shit about, i would argue that.
    ...so you're telling me Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson are incredibly knowledgable about the music industry? Justin Beeber is a musical genius?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information