+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavar Johnson released from UFC

Default Lavar Johnson released from UFC

Lavar Johnson's UFC career, at least for now, has come to an unceremonious conclusion.

The hard-hitting heavyweight has been released from his UFC contract, the promotion confirmed with MMAFighting.com Thursday. MMAJunkie.com first reported the news.

Johnson went 2-2 inside the Octagon. After winning his first two bouts in impressive fashion, "Big" lost his last two fights in a row, most recently dropping a unanimous decision to Brendan Schaub at UFC 157 last month.

Following the fight, the California State Athletiic Commission confirmed that Johnson tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone. According to a report by MMAFighting.com's Dave Meltzer, who confirmed the news with UFC officials, Johnson had first tested positive for an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio when the post-fight urine test results returned last week. The CSAC then administered Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR) test on Johnson, which confirmed the initial test results.

As a result, Johnson, who did not apply for a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy, was suspended for nine months by the CSAC. That suspension coupled with his recent losing streak made him expendable.

The 35-year-old Johnson leaves the UFC with a 17-7 record.
    Lavar Johnson released from UFC following failed drug test, back-to-back losses - MMA Fighting

Meh, we all saw this coming. Good luck juicebox.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Looks like Dana took my advice
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

No big loss here I feel.

i like the idea of cutting any one who is pissing hot

I like Lavar and all but I think this might have been the right call. I'm sure one of the other promotions will pick him up once his suspension is up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    i like the idea of cutting any one who is pissing hot
    I agree, but not with people getting caught smoking weed. It isn't performance enhancing, and it seems like its harder to mask than steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I agree, but not with people getting caught smoking weed. It isn't performance enhancing, and it seems like its harder to mask than steroids.
    I disagree with most of what you said but the part in red I just don't understand.

Why should the difficulty in covering up the violation factor into the punishment? Are you releasing them for breaking the rules or just for getting caught?
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I disagree with most of what you said but the part in red I just don't understand.

Why should the difficulty in covering up the violation factor into the punishment? Are you releasing them for breaking the rules or just for getting caught?
    I don't really understand where I was unclear. I never said the difficulty for covering up should factor into the punishment. Care to clarify?

You said you agree but not for people smoking weed "It isn't performance enhancing, and it seems like its harder to mask than steroids."

I get why you would exclude smoking weed if it's not performance enhancing but not why it being "harder to mask" would factor in.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information