Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen goes after Vince McMahon Via Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You don't recognize that this is Chael is doing this so he can be noticed by Vince?
    Obviously not.

Trolls are generally not MENSA candidates.

You don't recognize that this is Chael is doing this so he can be noticed by Vince?
    Do you really think he needs to be noticed by Vince at this point? If he wants in the WWE the only thing stopping him is Zuffa.

Vince watches MMA more importantly CM Punk has already campaigned for Sonnen. Vince would take him in like he took in Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Do you really think he needs to be noticed by Vince at this point? If he wants in the WWE the only thing stopping him is Zuffa.

Vince watches MMA more importantly CM Punk has already campaigned for Sonnen. Vince would take him in like he took in Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn.
    Keeping his name relevant as Chael won't be shit talking Jones the way he had done to Anderson.

It's all about relevance in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Keeping his name relevant as Chael won't be shit talking Jones the way he had done to Anderson.

It's all about relevance in that game.
    Hey Snig,

I am pretty sure Vince has already seen Sonnen's potential though. Sonnen is good on the microphone, has a strong wrestling background and is tough as nails.

If Vince is looking for a "Kurt Angle" replacement I'm pretty sure he will swoop him up as soon as his contract is over like he did with Lesnar.

VM won't care anything about Sonnen's w/l record let alone how he performs against Jon Jones. At the very least if I was Vince I would take Sonnen and start him out as a replacement color commentator like Taz then slowly work him into someones script line.

In any case when Sonnen is ready I'm sure he will hit up either Vince or CM Punk and he's in like Flynn.
    Anderson Silva:

No doubt. But, Sonnen is trying to sell/hype a fight without insulting Jones. He wants his name to be relevant in every way and that includes bringing over crossover fans (who love drama) from the WWE. A silly challenge of Vince/Punk vs. Chael/Dana is enough to bring over at least a hundred if not a thousand extra buys.

This little deluge on Twitter is to get WWE fans attention moreso than Vince's.

Do you not think it helps him negotiate a better deal with Vince the more relevant he looks as well as showing continuing potential ? Vince has a line up of guys that want to be in the WWE alot of them with marketable qualities. For Chael to stand out from the rest he needs to do things like this.

Do you not think it helps him negotiate a better deal with Vince the more relevant he looks as well as showing continuing potential ? Vince has a line up of guys that want to be in the WWE alot of them with marketable qualities. For Chael to stand out from the rest he needs to do things like this.

Striking a better deal vs getting your foot in the door are two different things. Obviously the more he markets himself the more appeal he will have which could aide in a better contract certainly.

However he has already done enough by making an ass of himself in MMA and on talk shows. He has a cult following and a strong relationship with CM Punk (ie networking).
    So he has enough resources in his favor to get in.

In either case I am just waiting to see him get Rock Bottom'd or F5'd.
    Anderson Silva:

MMA's emergence actually hurts Sonnen here. When Shamrock came over he unknown to anyone not a hardcore fan of MMA but still was billed as the most dangerous man in the world. Everyone knows that while he is good, Sonnen isn't anywhere near the best in MMA.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

The funny part is quite a few of those wrestlers actually have college degrees. To name off some:

The Rock
    Wade Barrett
    Kofi Kingston
    Jack Swagger
    Evan Bourne
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    David Otunga
    John Morrison
    Ted Dibiase, Jr.
    Matt Striker
    Kane
    Edge

Look at the Rock for example whom has a Bachelor of General Studies degree in criminology and physiology. Instead of using that degree he chose Sports Entertainment now the man is currently starring in several movies making $ out the ass.

So hey why use a degree when you already have a quick path to fame and fortune which can lead to even bigger opportunities.

Perhaps Chael should learn to kiss a little more ass because when his stay is done in the UFC he might find himself begging Vince for a job in a company where his antics truly belong.
    He is just talking trash, man. Geez! If half of the talent in the WWE stopped crying about "getting a push" on twitter and facebook and took some notes from Chael P., they might actually be a lot more successful in their careers. Chael knows how to bring a big fight feel. Even though this weekend is considered a "miss-match", there will still be a massive audience in the arena and watching at home on pay per view looking to see him get after Bones, or get stomped in the process.

In all honesty, I think Chael is going to lose on Saturday by decision... but not before having a solid round against Bones. After the loss, I imagine he will retire from the sport and eventually transition into the WWE. With Triple H running things behind the scenes, it sounds like he is not only trying to bring in new talent, but also talent that the younger guys can benefit from as well. As far as Vince goes, I think he is planning on putting together a special program between himself and Dana White for Wrestlemania 30 and I imagine Chael could be a part of that...

Vrrooom! Vrroooom!

10. Default

That was Sonnens resume. It works both way fans wanting him in WWE and the UFC.
    It gives him options that should add up to a larger payday either company. I see him losing but can see the UFC to want him to sell fights and feel it's safe to say he's good at it. I see him going WWE as 185# no exciting fights there anymore, and bypassing everyone @205# whats left there if a dominating loss happens.

Thread Information