Thread: Soares: Still undecided on what's next for Machida

Default Soares: Still undecided on what's next for Machida

Soares: Still undecided on what's next for Machida - Mixed Martial Arts News

"We've spoken with the UFC," Soares told Ron Kruck on Friday's new edition of AXS TV's "Inside MMA." "Lyoto doesn't want to spend too much time outside of the octagon. He wants to get in there and stay busy. He doesn't want to wait too long."

"Chael vs. Jon Jones is the next fight," Soares said. "We have to first of all see how that fight turns out. Then we have to see if the winner comes out of there healthy."

"We can't really make any decisions until after that (Jones vs. Sonnen) fight happens because when you look at the rankings, and you look at the top-10 fighters, all of the guys that make sense for Lyoto fight have fights already," Soares said
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Cat are you sure Soares said that it seems to realistic for him.lol.

Not excited for Lyoto/Jones II.

Im excited for a Jones vs Machida rematch. Machida has done better than any other opponent of Jones and his style matches up well. Theres 2 other possible contenders... Goose and Teixeira.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not excited for Lyoto/Jones II.
    not at all
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Sonnen/machida would be really cool though.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Sonnen/machida would be really cool though.
    That would be an interesting matchup. Here's the UFC's top ten and how I feel Machida would match up with each of them.

Champion :Jon Jones

1.Lyoto Machida - I'm not sure why he's ranked #1 but if he is, he should be next in line for the title (No matter how uninterested I am in seeing a rematch)

2.Alexander Gustafsson - If he gets past Mousasi it would make sense.

3.Dan Henderson - I had Hendo winning that fight and I think he should be Fighting Jones.

4.Glover Teixeira - When he beats Te-Huna it would be a solid fight.

5.Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - They train together so there is no way in hell

6.Mauricio Rua - See as how Shogun has been doing, a trilogy wouldn't make much sense right now.

7.Rashad Evans - If he gets past Hendo I would say he is still a win away from a rematch with the Dragon.

8.Phil Davis - I think it would be a great fight if he can get past Vinny

9.Ryan Bader - Nope

10.Gegard Mousasi - I like it if he beats Gustafsson

Note: UFC's rakings are pretty fucked up seeing as how the guy challenging for the title, and possibly the most intriguing fight at LHW for Machida isn't even ranked at LHW.
    Last edited by Fe1; 03-25-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. 03-25-2013, 01:32 AM

If machida gets the rematch I think he won't be so aggressive this time. He'll probably try to frustrate Jones and pick his shots more wisely. Although it may not be as exciting, I think it would be a great tactical battle.. I'm all for it if nobody else pops into the picture. I hope mousassi beats goose so he can one day fight for the title.

I dont think Machida would pass up the chance if he saw an opening. He would be tempted to go for another Ryan Bader style KO.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information