Thread: Demetrious Johnson Pushing For UFC On FOX 8 Headliner

Default Demetrious Johnson Pushing For UFC On FOX 8 Headliner

Demetrious Johnson Pushing For UFC On FOX 8 Headliner - FightLine.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson lives just outside of Seattle, so when word broke that the UFC would be returning to the Pacific Northwest later this year, "Mighty Mouse" made sure to throw his name in the hat for the main event.

The card, UFC On FOX 8, was announced Friday for the KeyArena in Seattle on July 27. Johnson (17-2-1) is currently rehabbing from a torn labrum.

"Spread the word, I want the UFC on FOX 8 headline spot, if it hasn't been filled yet," Johnson wrote in a text message to MMAFighting.com.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I like him saying that. He doesn't care who he fights, just wants his homecrowd to get a show. Respect.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I wonder what gets fighters more money:
    A percentage of PPV's or headlining slots on FOX?
    I'd assume the PPV's, but if these FOX cards keep being amazing, and considering all the money FOX has, I wouldn't be surprised if fighters got more through FOX.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I live in the Seattle area, and I'm hoping that either Mighty Mouse or Ben Henderson get to headline this card. I'd take GSP vs Hendricks, but I'm sure that'll be on PPV. Benson defended his title in December in Seattle and will be fighting in late April; so there might not be enough time to turnaround and fight in late July for him (plus he still needs to beat Gilbert).

I sent a tweet to Mighty Mouse asking him if he'd be all healed up from his surgery and be able to fight on July 27th in Seattle. Here was his response:

@MightyMouseUFC: "@Jome20 hoping for July 27th my 1st son will be born in the beginning of July so the 27th would be perfect."

A title fight with Mighty Mouse seems to make the most sense; because the timing should be right and he's local to Seattle.

Either way, I'm just happy that the UFC is returning for a 3rd year in a row. MMA is extremely popular in our state and the UFC has done extremely well during their 1st two visits.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I wonder what gets fighters more money:
    A percentage of PPV's or headlining slots on FOX?
    I'd assume the PPV's, but if these FOX cards keep being amazing, and considering all the money FOX has, I wouldn't be surprised if fighters got more through FOX.
    Would probably depend very heavily on PPV sales. The contracts usually scale up based on how many sales are made for a PPV. So getting a percentage of PPV sales on a stacked card or headlined by someone like GSP is probably better money.

I'd guess that sponsorship money might scale up better on a FOX card though.

Thread Information