Thread: As stock rises, Marlon Moraes hopes to sign WSOF contract extension

Default As stock rises, Marlon Moraes hopes to sign WSOF contract extension

As stock rises, Marlon Moraes hopes to sign WSOF contract extension | News

With his second straight victory over a notable opponent, Marlon Moraes' stock has never been higher. But don't expect the bantamweight prospect to leave the upstart World Series of Fighting promotion anytime soon.

"Right now I would not consider any (other contract) offers," Moraes told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) after a head-kick knockout of Tyson Nam at Saturday's WSOF 2 event. "I am contracted with World Series of Fighting for at least one more fight. And I'm thinking of renewing my contract. I'm very happy with them. I hope they renew my contract."

Moraes (10-4-1) also upset former WEC champion Miguel Torres before his win over Nam (12-5), which came on Saturday's NBC Sports Network-televised WSOF 2 main card at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey.

The split-decision victory over Torres put Moraes on the map in November. But the win over Nam, who had upset Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33 this past year, proves it was no fluke. He's won four straight fights, the past two on national TV, and he's arguably the best bantamweight under the WSOF banner.

So why not parlay that exposure into a deal with an organization such as the UFC or Bellator, which features many of the world's top 135-pounders?

"I am very happy with World Series of Fighting," he said. "I hope to keep fighting for them. It doesn't bother me to be with them. For me, this is a dream come true, to be fighting on cards featuring Danillo Villefort, Paulo Filho, Gesias Cavalcante, guys whom I used to sit at home and watch as a child. I am very happy to be here. I want to remain here."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Moraes looked scary last night and Nam isn't a joke, yet he walked right through him. His camp has really optimized his talent and potential and as I'm reading this, all I can say is, GET THE FUCK OUTTA WSOF!!!!! WSOF's BW roster is basically non-existent and he's already beaten their two best 135ers in Torres and Nam.

He'll never be able to fight top caliber 135ers where he's at as WSOF is so young and from what I've seen so far, are kinda bush league. Given that the UFC's BW division is somewhat shallow, he could probably parlay his last two big wins into a nice contract and fight real challengers. Unless WSOF wants to take some OneFC BWs or maybe Makovsky if he's been cut by BFC(which I don't think has been confirmed or denied at this point), I don't see the point in Moraes, or even Nam for that matter sticking around unless their getting paid nicely.

The guy is a beast for sure. I think he'll be kicking a lot of ass in WSOF as long as the UFC doesn't offer him something better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

this guy should be in the ufc plain and simple, wsof doesnt have the money, they cant even buy gloves for their fighters

He just beat the guy, who beat the current BFC BW champion, so technically, he's their lineal champ. He should get some nice money, but he'd be a goof if he didn't take a hard look at the UFC. He's really good and there just isn't anybody of relevance for him to fight in WSOF unless they start bringing in ringers from Japan and I think he starches most of them.

Thread Information