Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva says he is fighting Gegard Mousasi in Sweden on Saturday

Default Wanderlei Silva says he is fighting Gegard Mousasi in Sweden on Saturday

Wanderlei Silva says he is fighting Gegard Mousasi in Sweden on Saturday - Mixed Martial Arts News

Wanderlei Silva beat Brian Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 last month, and it looks like his next fight could be sooner than expected.

Alexander Gustafsson reportedly received a cut in training and may not be cleared to fight Gegard Mousasi in the main event at UFC on Fuel 9in Sweden on Saturday, and according to Wanderlei's twitter, it looks like he could be in instead.

Wanderlei Silva ‏@wandfc
    •UFC news my guys fight Saturday agains Musasi!!! What you think? UFC just contact me about Saturday, UFC acabeu de me ligar o que acha?
    •I am read I don't have any injure and training a lot,to treinadinho e sem lesao nenhuma!!!
    •Fight is fight!!!
    •Retweeted by Wanderlei Silva - Joe White ‏@39Jw 27m @wandfc vs Moussasi? YES! #legend
    •Retweeted by Wanderlei Silva - Bruno Cesar ‏@BruTheHuntaMMA RUMOR: @wandfc vs. @mousasi_mma set for UFC ON FUEL 9

Ken Pishna ‏@KenPishna
    It's true, @wandfc just confirmed to me via text message that he is fighting @mousasi_mma on Saturday! #ufc @ufc

, and it looks like the UFC might be calling him back to compete much quicker than expected. It's widely believed that Alexander Gustafsson will be forced out of his UFC on Fuel 9 main event bout with Gegard Mousasi due to a cut suffered in training. UFC president Dana White has said that the bout is still good to go, and Mousasi said today that be believes they'll still be facing off. But according to a couple of tweets from The Axe Murderer, the UFC might be bringing him to Sweden instead:

And from Twitter:

Ariel Helwani ✔ @arielhelwani

I just asked DW about Wand vs. Mousasi. His response: "Gus is still fighting! It's April fools. Stay of twitter and the net today!" :/
    11:38 PM - 01 Apr 13

Gegard Mousasi @mousasi_mma

@ufc @danawhite at this moment I do not have any new info about my situation But if ufc want's and mr @wandfc is ready for me than let's Go!
    Gegard Mousasi @mousasi_mma

@wandfc hey mr Silva, if this is true and you are ready to fight me than I accept the fight, It's an honor for me Much respect for you
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.

No please, wand just had a great performance and win in Japan. Just enjoy that a bit longer, I'd hate to see him lose.

Wandy KO's Mousasi. Never been sold on him and thought Goose was going to destroy him as well

He was the first person to come to mind. I'm both afraid and excited.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

April fools
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I love Wandy but I think Mousasi puts him to sleep if it happens.

It's an April fools joke guys.

Why would anyone every trust an article posted here on April fools day? Honestly.....just presume everything is a hoax.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I'm fighting Mousasi in a ladder match refereed by Pamela Anderson.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

10. Default

You guys think Wandy would be cleared a month later after that freakin war? Come on man.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Thread Information