+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen: Jake Ellenberger Should Be Fighting GSP Instead of Johny Hendricks

1. Default Chael Sonnen: Jake Ellenberger Should Be Fighting GSP Instead of Johny Hendricks

Chael Sonnen: Jake Ellenberger Should Be Fighting GSP Instead of Johny Hendricks

Speaking from his TV job as an analyst for FUEL TV at the post-UFC 158 show, "The American Gangster" expressed his belief that Jake Ellenberger, not Johny Hendricks, should be the next challenger to Georges St-Pierre's welterweight title (transcription via Yahoo! Sports).

"I will see your power of Johny Hendricks, and I will raise you three extra knockouts in the first round by Jake Ellenberger," Sonnen said. "And yes, Hendricks has been on fire, but he has not done the work that Ellenberger has done, and he has not beat the guys that Ellenberger's beat ... He is fantastic. I will not take a thing away from Johny Hendricks, but to overlook 'The Juggernaut,' who's been in there against top contenders in Carlos Condit, in Jake Shields, in Nate Marquardt, all who've fought for titles, to dismiss him is inappropriate."
    While Ellenberger is ranked number four in the UFC's official rankings and is the winner of eight of his past nine fights, he has lost against all three opponents he has in common with Hendricks.

Ellenberger has lost a split decision to Condit, while "Big Rig" owns a split decision victory over "The Natural Born Killer."
    I like Jake, and I realize he and Chael have trained together, but he is dead wrong about this.
    Last edited by H0SS; 03-25-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    ------------------

2. Default

You got to look at Sonnens angle what he wants. It appears he's freinds with Jake atleast more than Johnny. Sonnen has talked his way into a title match in a div he has not revalent matches in. So how do ya top that? I guess see if he can change a outcome in a different div?

Lol So whats he going off of, who has more total KOs? That's not really fair considering that Jake has more than double the fights Johnny has lol.

Theres no doubt that Ellenberger is nowhere near Johnny rankings, just a troll attempt by Chael. Hendricks is probably the most dominating contender in UFC history.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Jake can have his shot after John has had his overly well deserved shot! He lost to Kampman not too long ago, well I guess a bit ago but still Johnny has won 7 in a row...he's ahead of everyone in WW without a doubt.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

he's just doing some pr for his buddy jake, thats all

If he hadn't lost to Kampmann, I would 100% agree with Chael that Jake deserves a shot but he did and he just has to accept the setback.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

So Chael is trying something new. Talking his friends into title shots. The next step in mma, haha.

Ellenberger should fight Maia to see who fights the GSP/Hendricks winner.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Hey man, it worked for him, maybe he thought he could throw his friend a bone.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information