Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Askren offers takedown challenge to GSP, White

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    This.

GSP has the best MMA wrestling in the WW division. But there are countless number of WW who would outwrestle GSP in straight wrestling. Askren has Olympic level wrestling experience. He would have his way with GSP on the mat.
    This sums it up.... Gsp would win an mma fight, i think fairly easily, and askren would win a wrestling match.

Is this anything new though? GSP isn't a wrestler, he's an MMA champion.

Hughes would have lit Georges up in a pure wrestling competition, Kos would have, Sheilds would have. Diaz--and probably Penn--would pwn him in a pure grappling competition.

But none of those guys are earning their money as wrestlers, or grapplers. They're all competing in his arena, MMA. Where they'd lose, decisively.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'm not to sure how many MMA fighters have been Offered a spot on an Olympic wrestling team but i thought GSP had so i'm not so sure he would lose all that bad if he even would lose

This is a stupid offer to try and show off in a sport that he could actually beat gsp at. It's like if roger gracie challenged him to a bjj match. Sure he would probably win it, but it doesn't prove anything as far as mma goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    I'm not to sure how many MMA fighters have been Offered a spot on an Olympic wrestling team but i thought GSP had so i'm not so sure he would lose all that bad if he even would lose
    No one gets offered a spot, they have to go through a tournament to earn it. He was simply told by one of this training partners he should consider making a run at the Olympics after the first Koscheck fight.

Askren would destory GSP in a wrestling match. Just destory him, I would be legit surprised if GSP made it out of the first round with Askren in a wrestling match. Askren lit up a lot of great wrestlers, not just good wrestlers but great wrestlers like Gavin and Herbert. Herbert who was an Olympian this past year got beat by Askren 14-2. So yes, I would be insanely surprised if GSP even did remotely well against Askren in a wrestling match.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Why does this sound like this was plucked out of an old school WWE script.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    No one gets offered a spot, they have to go through a tournament to earn it. He was simply told by one of this training partners he should consider making a run at the Olympics after the first Koscheck fight.
    Georges also stated flatly that he didn't believe he, himself was good enough for the Canadian team. Which, at the time, was not even fielding great wrestlers.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

GSP has never been the best at any discipline. The best strikers would beat him in striking, the best wrestlers would beat him in wrestling, and the best BJJ artists would beat him in BJJ. He is one of the best, and perhaps even THE best at transitioning between disciplines and game planning for them. It has been quite well known that's his reason for success. He rarely fights where his opponent shines.

Strikers are going to say GSP is scared to stand and grapplers are going to say that he's scared to go on the ground (aside from Hughes and Kos who got beat in different fights). Askren can insult GSP's wrestling skills every day until he dies, but if they fight, GSP will keep it standing and destroy Askren while doing so.

If they do this they should have a striking contest as well.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Askren does not know how to punch or kick.

Askren is only good at covering beds.

Thread Information