Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Askren offers takedown challenge to GSP, White

1. Default

immediately after, they should have a kickboxing challenge, double or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    immediately after, they should have a kickboxing challenge, double or nothing.
    OR,

How about Askren leaves Bellator once his contract ends, and makes his way to the UFC? Then he can challenge GSP in a MMA match.

He's not gonna be a "hot commodity" should he become a free agent. I dont think the UFC will offer him much, and I wouldnt be shocked if Bellator even bothers to match it. His style doesnt scream, "must watch".

Should he lose his title to the next contender, I'm sure we will be hearing from him A LOT less.

So I was surfing Youtube and look what I ran across.

Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

4. Default

Askrens kryptonite, Bigg Rigg.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Good find RD.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Askren wouldn't break top 5 in UFC WW's. Nuff said.

Askren has been trolling hard these past few weeks, looking for any and all of the attention outside of Bellator he can get.

I think we're almost all in consensus that in a straight wrestling match, Askren wins, but that's not really anything new per se. However, for all of his talk about GSP, he's not anywhere near the same league when it comes to MMA and I think this is just a way for him to get his name out there in the same sentence as one of the biggest, if not the biggest stars in MMA. Askren obviously hasn't fought the same caliber to come off the way he does, so I can appreciate if he's 'fabing here, although I don't see the endgame since he's in Bellator and there isn't a chance ZUFFA gives him the satisfaction of a response here, because that'd give him more press and attention, which is what he's trolling for here.

His twitter exchanges with Dana alone have placed him in a pretty hard spot if and when he wants to go to ZUFFA, as Dana has expressed that he's NOT an Askren fan.

I don't know if I saw that different than everyone else, but did it seem like Askren couldn't do anything to Jonny there?
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    I don't know if I saw that different than everyone else, but did it seem like Askren couldn't do anything to Jonny there?
    Figure what happens when fists come into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    In an acutal takedown challenge with no punches or kicks allowed, Askren MURDERS GSP and it is not even close. Any one that thinks otherwise just does not understand the difference between wrestling takedowns and mma takedowns.

GSP from a straight wrestling stand point does a lot of little things "wrong." They work in MMA because guys are worried about getting punch or kicked, on a wrestling mat they would lead to easy points of the other guy. A perfect example is that high profile throw against Hughes. Hughes hands where out of position because he was worried about getting punched in the face. In a wrestling match, Hughes would have locked them up and when GSP stepped forward he would have shucked him for an easy two points or slammed him backwards. Takedowns that work in MMA don't alway work at high levels of wrestling.
    Indeed. Freestyle Wrestling and MMA wrestling are 2 very different worlds.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information