Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Askren offers takedown challenge to GSP, White

1. Default

RH I think your onto something. If the UFC held a exhibition of a discipline on a fx card to enlighten some people what is really going on. That on the ground isn't all hugging. Maybe the judges could watch and learn to.
    Hawkeye 1 + 1 =2 thats how simple I feel DW see's no need to respond to Askren.
    If it were to happen the +&-'s UFC + not much if any if GSP wins he's already hyped the best no need for proof. - almost everything one it gives Bellator exposure and Askren plus everything rh already stated

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm left with the impression that Georges excites a significant demographic to the point where they'd watch him take a dump.

I'd watch the holy hell out of a pure wrestling exhibition match with him in it. I wish there were more showcase exhibition events like that. Throw Diaz against, I don't know, Marcus Davis in a pure boxing match, or Anderson vs. Lil Nog. No kicks, knees or elbows, no dirty boxing, no clinchwork against the cage. Roger vs. Magalhães in a BJJ comp, with gi's.

I honestly think anyone who trains, or who is even interested in the individual disciplines that comprise MMA would be stoked about that. It would be a great way to shore up some of the mediocre cards that zuffa drops.

rh
    No thanks.

Askren did not earn any chance of siphoning fame from GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    No thanks.

Askren did not earn any chance of siphoning fame from GSP.
    Yeah!!! All his accomplishments in wrestling are total bullshit, because college wrestling is totes scripted ever since Vince McMahon bought the NCAA.

Everyone should just go on calling Georges the bestest wrestler in the history of tight shorts, and they'd be totes right!!!

...or you could say he's not siphoning anything, he's just got a problem with a commonly stated gross inaccuracy.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

When people say Georges has the best MMA wrestling, that implies the inclusion of striking something in which Askren is shall we say... deficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    When people say Georges has the best MMA wrestling, that implies the inclusion of striking something in which Askren is shall we say... deficient.
    right...but there are just as many clueless idiots who say he's the best wrestler in MMA.

that's something entirely different.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information