Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallon Fox: MMA's first transgender next fight possible at CFA 11

Default Fallon Fox: MMA's first transgender next fight possible at CFA 11

Fallon Fox: MMA's first transgender next fight possible at CFA 11 on May 24 in Florida - MMAmania.com

t seems as though Championship Fighting Alliance (CFA) will continue with its plans to promote and include Fallon Fox in its women's Featherweight tournament even though the controversial transgender mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter is currently under investigation by Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

Fox, who was born a man, but now declares that she is "technically, legally, physically and mentally female," is penciled in to collide with Al-Lanna Jones at CFA 11, which is scheduled to take place at BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla., according to OutSports.com.

Jones defeated Kelsey Desantis via unanimous decision in the opening round of the 145-pound tournament at CFA 10 earlier this month, while Fox scored a 39-second knockout of Ericka Newsome on the same card.

Brett Atchley, Fox's manager, was unable to confirm the semifinal match up was official, however, he did say that his fighter will compete regardless of whether or not Jones signs on the dotted line.

His explanation:

"They're not going to have a problem finding an opponent. Somebody wants to be the one who beats Fallon Fox. And they'll see it as an opportunity to make more money. If Allana Jones doesn't fight, so what? Someone else will."

Of course, that would all hinge on the outcome of the ongoing investigation, one that will likely focus on her application to compete in the "Sunshine State."

Fox did not -- and was not asked to -- disclose her transgender history. However, she claimed she was licensed by the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), when in reality, Fox was apparently sent a receipt that acknowledged her application was under review.

That could be a sticking point in the near future, but for now, the Florida regulatory body has neither suspended nor frozen Fox's fight license. And it's unclear at this time when it will conclude its investigation.

Meanwhile, CFA has already delayed its upcoming event by about one month as this unusual situation plays out. And unless Fox's application is flagged for having misinformation -- even though CSAC was never contacted by Florida authorities about the matter prior to issuing her a license in Florida -- or a hearing is set, there is no reason for the show not to go on.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think very lowly of this...person.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I think very lowly of this...person.
    Agreed. And it's manager.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

I think it's disgusting.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

I would have no objection to him fighting men, but this shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Sexual preferences are one thing, but if you're born a man, you fight and compete against men. Or Cris Cyborg.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I would have no objection to him fighting men, but this shouldn't be allowed to continue.
    Also agreed. But how many men do you think would actually accept that fight.

I would think that most male fighters would fall into one of two categories.

1: they might feel extremely uncomfortable grappling with a Fallon, or even feel bad striking against her/him.
    2: they would probably be worried that losing this fight might just kill their career altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Or Cris Cyborg.
    Agreed once again. I wouldn't mind watching Cyborg fight Fallon. For one thing I bet Cyborg would kick Fallons ass. Also, last time I watched Cyborg fight I was disgusted and decided to never watch Cyborg fight another woman, so this kind of works out.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Also agreed. But how many men do you think would actually accept that fight.

I would think that most male fighters would fall into one of two categories.

1: they might feel extremely uncomfortable grappling with a Fallon, or even feel bad striking against her/him.
    2: they would probably be worried that losing this fight might just kill their career altogether.
    Oh, I agree 100%. It's a lose/lose situation for anyone really. But I see that being the only way he can compete fairly in MMA. If no one wants to fight him it's his problem. To quote Joe Rogan, "he's not a woman, he's a man with no dick."

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

lol Fox vs Cyborg would be money! put her against another he/she, if i was a woman i wouldnt fight him

Thread Information