Gegard Mousasi:

Two fighters of essentially the same age enter a room. The first holds a record of 15-1 with six straight wins, twelve stoppages, and a past win over Mauricio Rua. The second is 33-3-2 with 29 finishes, a single loss in his last 22 fights, and notches on his belt including the names of Ronaldo Souza and Mark Hunt. However, given their similar excellence, one is considered a distinct favorite.

While working out odds-makers logic on the matter, the competitors in question are clearly Alexander Gustafsson and Gegard Mousasi in relation to their April 6 headliner at UFC on Fuel 9. And, though Gustafsson seems to be the popular pick when it comes to the likely winner, Mousasi plans on showing people why the smart money is on him when the two scrap in Stockholm.

Im the underdog, but I dont care. Its a fight, said Mousasi to MMAJunkie in his standard calm, collected manner.

Of course, hes fought a lot more in the UFC, so hes the favorite. I understand that. I hope (people are overlooking me). They dont expect anything for me, so I cannot disappoint anybody, he continued. I like this position much better. I dont have any pressure.