+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gegard Mousasi: Im the underdog, but I dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'm taking Mousasi. I've bought into him for years and I think Goose is going to get picked apart on the feet if he fights like he has the past few fights. Mousasi has excellent striking technique and extremely competent submissions, but he's going to be quite undersized here, but worst case scenario, he gets convinced to cut back down to MW, where he's more appropriately sized.

I'll be curious if there was any camp drama from Goose with the whole Lloyd Irvin drama. Cardio has always been an issue for Mousasi, so I'm thinking Goose is the favourite, but I think there's a good chance for Mousasi to take him out.
    Mousasi has fought guys across 3 divisions, MW, LHW, and HW. Although those HW weren't the best of the class, he has dealt with size issue quite well.

I've bought into Mousasi for years as well, and I'm glad he will get some recognition during his UFC tenure. His striking is top notch, BJJ game is on point. The more he works on his TDD and his Td (as in the OSP fight), he could be the complete fighter that GSP is. And speaking of which, I remember Mousasi doing a training stint at Tri-Star with GSP before. I hope to see both guys work together more often, as it can expand the skillset of both.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Mousasi has fought guys across 3 divisions, MW, LHW, and HW. Although those HW weren't the best of the class, he has dealt with size issue quite well.

I've bought into Mousasi for years as well, and I'm glad he will get some recognition during his UFC tenure. His striking is top notch, BJJ game is on point. The more he works on his TDD and his Td (as in the OSP fight), he could be the complete fighter that GSP is. And speaking of which, I remember Mousasi doing a training stint at Tri-Star with GSP before. I hope to see both guys work together more often, as it can expand the skillset of both.
    I agree with you, but Goose is a fucking rangy fighter and I could see Mousasi having trouble getting his strikes off, throughout the fight, I'm worried he may gas.

Anyone that can knock Jacare out cold is legit.

This will be a war.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    If anyone is counting Mousasi out, then they are crazy. He has been one of the most talented fighters for many years now, and other than King Mo exposing his wrestling and the draw with Jardine, he has shown he is one of the best and he has been for awhile now..Now he can prove it. First rd KO Mousasi. His striking credentials and bottom game will make the difference.
    I would rather watch Mousasi fight Shogun.

In any case I suppose it really doesn't matter who wins. Neither has the skills to deal with Jon Jones wrestling.

Machida, Goose and Tex have a chance albeit a small one.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I honestly can see this fight going either way but Gustafsson is probably going to use his range to out point Gegard and pull out a UD.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

mousasi is more skilled damn near everywhere except wrestling, but goose knows how to use his freakish stature and length. i'm leaning toward mousasi, but goose could play the right game and get the decision
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I'll take mousasi. Goose really disappointed me in the shogun fight. Goose only has a 76-77 inch reach, I've seen so many ppl say things like Jones wouldn't have a reach advantage over him when he clearly would.

Goose could take a UD but if he gets into exchanges with mousasi I think mousasi could possibly put him out.

Wonder if there's any drama coming out of Goose's training camp, since The Alliance is very closely associated with Team Lloyd Irvin.....

They dont expect anything for me,They dont expect anything for me,
    People that do not expect anything from Mousasi, are people that have never watched him.
    Mousasi is a great great fighter, and I think that he can beat Goose.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information