Thread: UFC heavyweight Morecraft calls it quits at 26

Default UFC heavyweight Morecraft calls it quits at 26

UFC heavyweight Morecraft calls it quits at 26 - Mixed Martial Arts News

The Hyannis native and UFC heavyweight has been dormant since his loss to Pat Barry at UFC on FX 1 in January of 2012. Today, the 26-year-old posted a message on his Facebook account saying he was leaving the fight business.

“To anyone who still follows, competing in the UFC is a tough job on many different levels - getting better staying focused and all the other (expletive) that life brings to you and not to mention I still have to work a full time job to support yourself in the mean time,” Morecraft (7-3) wrote. “There's plenty of "ex professional athletes" out there who are lost , broke, and jobless when competing is over, so with that being said trying to find an easier way to make a living and most importantly be happy so with that being said I'm saying GOODBYE TO THE FIGHT BUISINESS for right now. Nothing's set in stone because we all know that nothing in life is, but for now I've got some other matters to take care of. Thank you all for your support over the years. Thank you and god bless everyone.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Too soon, unless he got bad medical news. Good luck to him and his morecraft belly.

It is unfortunate. He's still young and he had plenty of time to improve. He could have been pretty good some day.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The business is tough, and the sport and being a professional fighters is not made for most..

Good luck to him, thanks for the highlights.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Thread Information