Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson

Default UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson

UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson | News

A pair of key featherweight matchups have been added to July's UFC 162 event, as former UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) faces Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Dennis Siver meets Cub Swanson.

UFC officials today announced the new matchups.

Featuring a middleweight title fight between current champ Anderson Silva and undefeated contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Edgar seeks his first win at featherweight after falling short in his first fight at the weight in a bout with current champion Jose Aldo. The former IFC lightweight champ is currently mired in a three-fight losing streak despite being competitive in the bout with Aldo and a pair of contest with current lightweight champ Benson Henderson. The fight will be Edgar's first non-title fight since a December 2009 win over Matt Veach.
    Not who I thought Frankie would be fighting at all. Thought Cub was past Siver at this point too.

Wtf that's back asswards. Frankie should be fighting cub.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

I can't see how they can book Do Bronx in there with Frankie and keep a straight face, this is beyond fucking wonky, holy shit.

Siver is an electric fighter and I can get that they don't want Frankie dropping 4 straight against a guy who could potentially put his lights out, but HOW THE EVERLOVING FUCK do they put Oliveira in there ahead of Cub, who is basically waiting in the wings behind Lamas, who has already whopped his ass!!!!

I mean, goddamn this is a stupid matchup and I think Do Bronx is a really talented kid, but this is idiotic. Hell, why the hell don't they pull Mendes from his meaningless fight against Elkins and have Mendes/Edgar? Christ, those two are top fives....Hell, Hioki AND Guida are higher ranked than Do Bronx without an opponent(think Clay's injured right now) and they just rebooked Dias to go up against Nik Lentz.

Worst matchup I've seen in a while and a waste of a Frankie bout beyond them just wanting him to get a bounceback fight. Aside from that, welp, I think I've made my opinion known lol...

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Wtf that's back asswards. Frankie should be fighting cub.
    Frankie made it sound like Cub didnt want the fight against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Frankie made it sound like Cub didnt want the fight against him.
    That's what I took away from it too, but I mean, how the hell else can Cub earn a title shot, outside of a widespread outbreak of legionnaires' disease at a UFC conference.

6. Default

Fuck it, I'm going to be the first to say it. Frankie wins via TKO in round 1.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I can't see how they can book Do Bronx in there with Frankie and keep a straight face, this is beyond fucking wonky, holy shit.

Siver is an electric fighter and I can get that they don't want Frankie dropping 4 straight against a guy who could potentially put his lights out, but HOW THE EVERLOVING FUCK do they put Oliveira in there ahead of Cub, who is basically waiting in the wings behind Lamas, who has already whopped his ass!!!!

I mean, goddamn this is a stupid matchup and I think Do Bronx is a really talented kid, but this is idiotic. Hell, why the hell don't they pull Mendes from his meaningless fight against Elkins and have Mendes/Edgar? Christ, those two are top fives....Hell, Hioki AND Guida are higher ranked than Do Bronx without an opponent(think Clay's injured right now) and they just rebooked Dias to go up against Nik Lentz.

Worst matchup I've seen in a while and a waste of a Frankie bout beyond them just wanting him to get a bounceback fight. Aside from that, welp, I think I've made my opinion known lol...
    This is exactly how I feel put in a kinder way.

I guess it depends on which way you're looking at it. We are looking at it as Frankie Edgar, the fighter, VS Oliveira. Ridiculous! The UFC is most likely looking at it as Frankie Edgar, a guy we have spent a lot of money and hype on who CANNOT lose 4 in a row, VS Oliveira. Desperation!

I'd like to see Edgar/Mendes.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Fuck it, I'm going to be the first to say it. Frankie wins via TKO in round 1.
    Nah, 2nd or 3rd round tko maybe but either way Frankie has this in the bag.

The Siver/Swanson fight makes sense. The 2 guys that are closest to the shot are fighting each other.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    The Siver/Swanson fight makes sense. The 2 guys that are closest to the shot are fighting each other.
    And both guys bring it. FOTN candidate for sure.

Thread Information