+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brimage: UFC thinks I suck, are using me as a stepping stone

Default Brimage: UFC thinks I suck, are using me as a stepping stone

Brimage: UFC thinks I suck, are using me as a stepping stone - Mixed Martial Arts News

“It’s just that the position I’m in, in the UFC, everyone thinks I suck. Sooo if I beat you, you really suck. Because they keep using me as a stepping stone. Maximo Blanco he was supposed to on the fast track to Aldo, I stopped that…Jimy Hettes, I stopped that. Now this guy, and I’m about to stop that again. They think I suck. They keep using me as a stepping stone, but if I keep beating you and you suck, then that means you really suck.”

Brimage’s last fight was seven months ago at UFC 152 and according to him, he has no idea why it took so long for him to get another fight booked.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know either. I feel like I was being punished for beating Jimy Hettes. I was like ‘yo what’s going on with that?’ So that was kind of shocking. But the time was well spent because I’ve done a lot of training you know. So all the months I had off, I did nothing but get better in the process. I’m kind of happy to have that time off to just to relearn my craft,” Brimage said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Maybe people have a hard time taking him seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Brimage is a good fighter, but has that style that doesn't get wins the pretty way and I think that he isn't so much being used as a stepping stone, as it is that after beating Hettes and winning a close fight against Blanco(who, I don't think anybody had fasttracked to Aldo lol), he's probably not going to be putting on gangbuster performances as he goes up the ranks. Also, Brimage is heavily favourited on the betting lines, but I may be incorrect.....

Putting him in there with a bluechipper like McGregor is a bit interesting, since he's debuting with the UFC and is a pretty unknown prospect following the Hettes win, but McGregor is no joke and if they stand and trade, I think the explosive McGregor could put Marcus out.

Cry me a fucking river.

Every fighter has to undergo the process of gaining fame.

Maximo Blanco he was supposed to on the fast track to Aldo, I stopped that...
    uhm...no. Not even close.

Pat Healy stopped any "fast track" Blanco was on--and it certainly wasn't an express to Aldo. And Healy did it a bit more effectively than a weak-assed split decision which is why Pat is getting Jim Miller on a pretty big main card, and Marcus is still on the prelims, with a high-risk/low-reward fight against a dangerous newcomer in MacGregor.

I'm a big fan of MacGregor, regardless, but I'm hoping he puts perspective into Brimage.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    uhm...no. Not even close.

Pat Healy stopped any "fast track" Blanco was on--and it certainly wasn't an express to Aldo. And Healy did it a bit more effectively than a weak-assed split decision which is why Pat is getting Jim Miller on a pretty big main card, and Marcus is still on the prelims, with a high-risk/low-reward fight against a dangerous newcomer in MacGregor.

I'm a big fan of MacGregor, regardless, but I'm hoping he puts perspective into Brimage.

rh
    Yup. The Blanco comment was the one that really struck me.

But guys didn't you see the a-mazing backflip contest blanco and brimage had after their fight? Brimage is a beast!!!!!! ::holds up sarcasm sign::

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    But guys didn't you see the a-mazing backflip contest blanco and brimage had after their fight? Brimage is a beast!!!!!! ::holds up sarcasm sign::
    I DO really like the "Bama Beast" nickname.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information