Thread: Werdum wants title fight after beating Nogueira

Default Werdum wants title fight after beating Nogueira

Werdum wants title fight after beating Nogueira - Mixed Martial Arts News

Fabricio Werdum is on a 2-fight win streak in the UFC's heavyweight division and is currently scheduled to fight Antonio Nogueira this spring. A confident Werdum is not looking past Nogueira, but knows what he wants should he win:

After he gets revenge on his fellow countryman, "Vai Cavalo" wants to challenge for the 265-pound strap and it makes no difference to him who is holding the belt.

He breaks it down to Pro MMA Now:

"My focus now is Nogueira fight first. After I beat him, I know it's so difficult a fight, but I'm training a lot for this fight. After then, I don't' know who will be the owner of the belt. But, I want the belt. Maybe 'Bigfoot,' Dos Santos, Cain Velasquez, it don't matter, I want the belt."

Fabricio has already faced Junior dos Santos and Antonio Silva, defeating "Bigfoot" under the Strikeforce banner in 2009 and losing to "JDS" in 2008 in the very first round at UFC 90 via knockout in what was the Octagon debut for "Cigano."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He's definitely got a better argument for a title shot than most in the division at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Werdum has made a helluva lot more stronger argument than Bigfoot has IMO and tying him up in a meaningless match with Nog has been a waste.

Cormier would normally get the first dibs with a win over Mir and his strong run coming over from Strikeforce, but given that Cain is his teammate and there's a chance they book JDS/Cain II if he gets past Hunt, I think Werdum is going to be in a holding pattern and will probably get matched up with Cormier in the next dibs match after tearing through Big Nog....

I sort of like the idea of Werdum vs Cormier

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Yeah in my books Werdum should be getting the title shot before Big Foot as we recently watched Cain walk through him...
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Yeah in my books Werdum should be getting the title shot before Big Foot as we recently watched Cain walk through him...
    yup, more beautiful match making in the ufc. i really could care less about bigfoot cain 2.

Good heavens I hope he does. Just because there's no one else among the HWs.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Thread Information