Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be his last fight

Default Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be his last fight

Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be his last fight - Mixed Martial Arts News

Firas Zahabi, lead trainer for UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, recently appeared on Sherdog Radio Network’s “Cheap Seats” show, and discussed who's next.

“That’s something that after he comes back from vacation we’re going to have to sit down and talk about, Georges and me and his management,” said Zahabi. “It’s not a one-sided decision. The UFC is going to have to obviously tell us what they want to do. I think Georges would do either fight, to be honest with you.”

“If he fights Hendricks, I think he could fight for longer. He could have more fights after that. If he fights Anderson Silva, I could really see that being his last fight. He’ll retire after that because there won’t be a bigger fight for him to do, I think, anymore in his career."

"Win or lose, I think he’ll probably end on that note, on Anderson Silva. Maybe that’s why it’s been pushed back a little bit, but I think when it does happen, it’ll be the last one because once he goes up a weight class, he’s never coming back down.”

If he does go fight Silva, would he then vacate his title? If so it would be better to see Hendricks fight Jake E. or Maia for the vacated belt? I personally want to see Maia get a shot.

Hendricks, Anderson, then retire. I'd be OK with that.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Hendricks, Anderson, then retire. I'd be OK with that.
    Hendricks first is fine. Not Silva...he would be demolished by Silva, wouldn't even be a fair fight.

If Georges fights Silva and doesn't fight Hendricks then he will be considered the biggest ducking fighter in MMA by me and I will totally bail on him as a fan. I still find it bs that he fought Diaz but that's over. Hendricks deserves that fight before anything else that Georges does. He's flirting with disgrace to me.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

5. Default

If those are the two choices I'd say the UFC wants him to fight Hendrick's solely due to two fights = more $$ than one of GSP's

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Hendricks first is fine. Not Silva...he would be demolished by Silva, wouldn't even be a fair fight.

If Georges fights Silva and doesn't fight Hendricks then he will be considered the biggest ducking fighter in MMA by me and I will totally bail on him as a fan. I still find it bs that he fought Diaz but that's over. Hendricks deserves that fight before anything else that Georges does. He's flirting with disgrace to me.
    really? So if gsp is almost ready to retire, wants to spend time with loved ones and family, has one fight left and takes the one fight EVERYONE has been wanting for years, that means he ducked hendricks? You dont think gsp watches the rick story fight thinking he could do that? Haha, well, at least your post brought a smile to my face.

Why the hell would he fight Silva next? Do we really want to hold up the division that long when there are so many top contenders waiting for their shot?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    really? So if gsp is almost ready to retire, wants to spend time with loved ones and family, has one fight left and takes the one fight EVERYONE has been wanting for years, that means he ducked hendricks? You dont think gsp watches the rick story fight thinking he could do that? Haha, well, at least your post brought a smile to my face.
    Damn right that means he will have ducked Hendricks. Taking any fight other than the deserving contender as he is still champ is ducking. Also I have never wanted to see Georges fight Silva so there goes your EVERYONE. The Story Hendricks fight was a while ago and as can be seen Hendricks has improved. If Georges wants to leave his title and fight Silva then fine but I will still consider him shirking his responsibilities. I think he already ducked Hendricks for Diaz and I'm a fan of Georges.

Glad I brought a smile to your face.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

^ im glad u did too, cuz you continue to do so. Ok so maybe not everyone, (you are an exception i guess) but almost everytime he does an interview he is asked about the AS fight. Its THE super fight that reallly got all the talk started. Faras said if he fought anderson it would be his last fight, so he wouldnt be holding up the division, and to fight anderson over hendricks doesnt seem like ducking to me lol. AS is twice as deadly as hendricks, better bjj off his back, and just more ways to beat GSP. I dont get how u can duck one fight, to fight a better fighter? People say yeah, hendricks deserve the fight, and sure he does, but if its gsps last, he is probably thinking, "THE FANS deserve the AS fight"

I listened to this interview a couple of weeks ago, it was lengthy and these are just snippets from it.

As a fan of GSP for years, it's tough to imagine the UFC without him but you don't have to read between the lines to know that the end is near. I hope Georges has at least two fights left in him... Hendricks first, Anderson last. If he's down to his last fight, I have no problem with him vacating his title, fighting Anderson and calling it a day. He's put his time in, fought the top guys in the division throughout his career, the greatest welterweight of all time and one of the greatest overall... He's earned the right to end his career on his terms IMO.

Thread Information