Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be his last fight

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    ^ im glad u did too, cuz you continue to do so. Ok so maybe not everyone, (you are an exception i guess) but almost everytime he does an interview he is asked about the AS fight. Its THE super fight that reallly got all the talk started. Faras said if he fought anderson it would be his last fight, so he wouldnt be holding up the division, and to fight anderson over hendricks doesnt seem like ducking to me lol. AS is twice as deadly as hendricks, better bjj off his back, and just more ways to beat GSP. I dont get how u can duck one fight, to fight a better fighter? People say yeah, hendricks deserve the fight, and sure he does, but if its gsps last, he is probably thinking, "THE FANS deserve the AS fight"
    Agreed. Silva is a more dangerous fight for GSP. By taking a fight against a bigger guy considered to be the top fighter in the sport at the moment could hardly accuse him of ducking especially if it was truly his last fight.

GSP has fought guys like Hendricks before and beat them easily no real reason for him to be scared of this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Agreed. Silva is a more dangerous fight for GSP. By taking a fight against a bigger guy considered to be the top fighter in the sport at the moment could hardly accuse him of ducking especially if it was truly his last fight.

GSP has fought guys like Hendricks before and beat them easily no real reason for him to be scared of this fight.
    In that case as in my second post in this thread he has to leave his belt. Otherwise him leaving the division to fight another fighter (who will likely destroy him and yes is more dangerous than Johnny) is still ducking his responsibilities to me and Johnny at this point is his responsiblity.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

^ dude did u read the article? they said if he did fight as itd be his last, u really think hes gonna retire and hold up the ww division for eternity?

Weren't there people trying to convince me Zahibi wasn't a bottom feeding parasite a while back? This should resolve any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    really? So if gsp is almost ready to retire, wants to spend time with loved ones and family, has one fight left and takes the one fight EVERYONE has been wanting for years, that means he ducked hendricks?
    Hendricks is the #1 contender. He has been the #1 contender for more than 6 months. Any time a champion fights someone other than the #1 contender, they're ducking the fight.

end of story.

If he wants to give up the title before he faces Anderson, fine.

Anything else is bullshit.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Hendricks first is fine. Not Silva...he would be demolished by Silva, wouldn't even be a fair fight.

If Georges fights Silva and doesn't fight Hendricks then he will be considered the biggest ducking fighter in MMA by me and I will totally bail on him as a fan. I still find it bs that he fought Diaz but that's over. Hendricks deserves that fight before anything else that Georges does. He's flirting with disgrace to me.
    omg.

really? .............. Really????

20 fights in the UFC and hes' never backed down from any fight ever given to him. Including the last 11 title defenses in which he's forced to fight who the UFC tells him to fight. So basically he hasn't had a choice on who to fight since he lost to Matt Serra in 2007. Even then he was given Josh Koscheck just to propel him back into title contention.

c'mon Give me a break and give GSP a break. If the best Welterweight fighter in the HISTORY of the UFC deserves anything, he deserves to have his say on who he fights next.

BUT, i'll play stoopid for a min.

Lets say he fights and beats Hendricks and then Maia wins his next one, will GSP still be ducking fighters if he chooses to fight ASilva instead of MAIA?? Ok ok ok ok. Lets say he beats Hendricks and Maia just to make you happy but now he wants to be happy and chooses to fight ASilva. BUT WAIT!!! Jake Ellenberg is on a roll and has earned himself a title shot but GSP is ducking Jake now..

I hope I sound really stupid to you, just so you can understand how I feel.
    Last edited by Badluck33; 03-30-2013 at 05:06 PM.

6. Default

How hard is it for you casual fans to understand that a champion has a duty to defend his belt against the #1 contender? Seriously.

I dont care what his ego/fans say, if GSP wants to be called a champion, he needs to continue to earn that right by defending his belt, and not against hand picked opponents like Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    In that case as in my second post in this thread he has to leave his belt. Otherwise him leaving the division to fight another fighter (who will likely destroy him and yes is more dangerous than Johnny) is still ducking his responsibilities to me and Johnny at this point is his responsiblity.
    Agreed if a champion switches weight classes for a fight he should be relinquishing his claim to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Agreed if a champion switches weight classes for a fight he should be relinquishing his claim to the title.
    Like BJ and Anderson did? didn't remember any bitching then......but oh yeah this is GSP he has differen't standards right? o.0

Last edited by Qball1974; 03-30-2013 at 05:37 PM.

I think this all is still GSP and his camp fishing for the right price on the Silva fight.

If he says, "Well I'm only fighting one or two more times, so make em count", then Dana and Lorenzo are going to have to put up the right number to get him to fight Silva, or nix the whole thing and have him fight his last two WW challengers. Unlike Georges, Anderson doesn't really have any certifiable challenger after Weidman(Rockhold I suppose), whereas GSP still has Hendricks, Maia, Ellenberger etc, so I think they'd be more willing to make GSP/Silva if only because Anderson doesn't have that next big challenger, which I think gives GSP leverage in negotiations.

I see ZUFFA getting two more fights out of GSP, one against Johny, which will be his last at 170 and then, he'll jump up in weight, put on some size and have the biggest fight in MMA history.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Weren't there people trying to convince me Zahibi wasn't a bottom feeding parasite a while back? This should resolve any doubt.

The comments are taken a bit out of context. I listened to the interview, it was lengthy and these comments were simply picked out of answers to questions about Anderson and Johny. I'm not saying Zahabi is or isn't a "bottom feeding parasite", I don't know him personally but having listened to the interview it certainly didn't draw me to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    How hard is it for you casual fans to understand that a champion has a duty to defend his belt against the #1 contender? Seriously.

I dont care what his ego/fans say, if GSP wants to be called a champion, he needs to continue to earn that right by defending his belt, and not against hand picked opponents like Diaz.
    Even though ultimately I disagreed with GSP fighting Nick before Johny, seeing how this was the first time he ever picked an opponent, I'm not going to hold it against him. Georges had his reasons for wanting to fight Diaz, he got his wish we can all move on. He's given us enough to deserve that.

Georges wants the Anderson fight, when and where it will happen, we don't know. I certainly hope he fights Johny first and from a financial point of view, I have hard time seeing him not take that fight first. What it definitely sounds like is that when the Anderson fight goes down, that's it. He's retired win or lose. I'm certain at that point he will relinquish the title for two reasons. One, to not hold up the division. And two, to give his teammate and protege Rory Macdonald a chance at the title.

And Georges will always be considered a champion by us "casual fans" regardless of what you think.

Thread Information