Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Zahabi: If GSP fights Silva next, that could be his last fight

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    When I'm not, I just make them up. It's part of the unbelievably awesome power of being an interweb mod.

I get my own parking space too. Sure, it's next to the dumpster, but at least it's got a sign with my name on it.

Yeah. About that. Hendricks actually WAS the #1 contender. Still is.

When the #1 contender calls him out, it's a little different than when everybody and their mother calls him out.

And when he fights someone other than the #1 contender, that's called "ducking."

My bad. 4 and a half months, not six. Anchor fielded the rest of your nonsense admirably.

But you still haven't answered the question: Did Georges fight the #1 contender, or not?

If he didn't fight the #1 contender, he ducked the #1 contender. Past tense. It's already happened. This is his chance to try to do damage control and make it right.

I don't know that I've heard anyone accuse either fighter of being a pussy or a coward.

I've heard people say they're ducking the #1 contenders in their division. It doesn't mean they're afraid, it doesn't mean they're pussies. It just means they're not fighting the #1 contender in their division, and it's bullshit.

rh
    Entirely agree.

Diaz got a pass due to his controversial nature and the fact that Zuffa AND GSP's bank account wanted to capitalize on his hype. Diaz should have had to earn his title shot again. The division is DEEP unlike the LHW division where 1 top 5 win after a loss can earn a title shot.

But, Rivet, you don't understand how ANGRY GSP was. You MUST factor that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hendricks was the beginning of the downward spiral for Jon Fitch, the perennial #2 ranked fighter while riding a 3 fight win streak after that fight. This is the time that the welterweight division was stalled by GSP's injury, also, Nick Diaz jumped the line to fight Carlos Condit.

Hello again, Devil's Advocate.
    So let me get this straight you are counting the time GSP was out injured as him ducking Hendricks ?

At the time Diaz fought Condit he had 11 straight wins and had vacated the Strikeforce belt to move over. Diaz was clearly ahead of Hendricks at the time. Besides that the Diaz/Condit fight was signed before Hendricks had any relevant wins at the time. (Hendricks ko'd fitch Dec 30/2011 and Diaz/Condit was signed a month before that)

If Silva was a WW he would be a top 5.

If GSP wants to jump up a weight class and fight Anderson Silva, you should just shut up and enjoy it. Fans wont get the opportunity to see two great mma fighters at this caliber face each other in a loooooong time.

And no one is ducking hendricks. Hes being put on hold....

If he wont wait for GSP, then give him an interim belt to make him and rivethead happy. They have done it a few times already in the WW division, what is one more gonna hurt???

interim belts are bullshit.

But not as bullshit as when the champion doesn't want to face the #1 contender.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    So let me get this straight you are counting the time GSP was out injured as him ducking Hendricks ?

At the time Diaz fought Condit he had 11 straight wins and had vacated the Strikeforce belt to move over. Diaz was clearly ahead of Hendricks at the time. Besides that the Diaz/Condit fight was signed before Hendricks had any relevant wins at the time. (Hendricks ko'd fitch Dec 30/2011 and Diaz/Condit was signed a month before that)
    I'd rather Hendricks fought Condit at that point in history and was saying so. After all, look who Hendricks had just beaten.

Diaz got a pass because of who he was, but his ranking was nowhere near the top nor were the rank of his wins.

All my previous statement was saying is that Hendricks has been higher ranked than Diaz ever since then and should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    If Georges doesn't fight Hendricks then he will be considered the biggest ducking fighter in MMA by me

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    interim belts are bullshit.

But not as bullshit as when the champion doesn't want to face the #1 contender.

rh
    Its more bullshit if he is gives up his WW Belt and moves up to MW.

Hendricks or any WW you think is worthy is just going to be a paper champion.

:/

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I'd be scared of Hendricks too.

Duh.
    I'm scared I will go into a coma watching GSP LNP him.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Triangle View Post
    I'm scared I will go into a coma watching GSP LNP him.
    Boohoo.

Thread Information