Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Gustafson OUT of fight with Mousasi due to injury.

Default RUMOR: Gustafson OUT of fight with Mousasi due to injury.

LOTS of talk on twitter right now of Goose being out of the fight with mousasi but nothing is confirmed. Keep it in noob jack until a source can confirm it....

here are some tweets;

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 4m Re: Gustafsson injury rumors, all I can report right now is that Mousasi's camp hasn't been told the fight is off. No word from AG or UFC.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 3m Is that an official account? RT @FubarMMA: @arielhelwani UFC Sweden reported the fight was off.

Bloody Elbow ‏@BloodyElbow 4m Alexander Gustafsson cut in training, leaves UFC On Fuel 9 headliner in jeopardy Alexander Gustafsson cut in training, leaves UFC On Fuel 9 headliner in jeopardy - Bloody Elbow

Fuckkkkk what a bummer. No legitimate main even now, none whatsoever.

Update;

mauro ranallo ‏@mauroranallo 1m
    swedish website @mmanytt is reporting that a.gustaffson suffered a cut but no word if fight vs g.mousasi is scrapped. #ufc

If this is the case, I wonder if they pull Davis from his Vinny fight later in the month, if Davis is able to get down in weight?

Default Alexander Gustafsson suffers cut, UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner reportedly in doubt

Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) has reportedly suffered a facial cut and could be out of Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner with Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

That's according to svt.se and MMA site MMAnytt.se. However, though MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the cut with a source close to Gustafsson, we were unable to reach UFC officials for confirmation.

Additionally, the organization hasn't made a formal announcement of the injury or a possible scratch from the card.

Ultimately, the Swedish MMA Federation will decide whether Gustaffson can fight despite the cut, which reportedly opened near his eyebrow during a recent training session.

Gustaffson, a Swedish light heavyweight, was slated to headline the event, which takes place at Stockhom's Ericsson Globe Arena. It's part of the FUEL TV-televised main card, which follows Facebook prelims.

A late scratch could be devastating for Gustafsson, who hoped a seventh straight UFC win would catapult him to a title shot. Current champion Jon Jones meets Chael Sonnen next month, and the winner is expected to fight either Gustafsson or fellow contender Lyoto Machida. A delay for Gustafsson could open the door for Machida.

Although UFC on FUEL TV 9's fight card is a rather deep one for the event series, the lack of a last-minute replacement would surely lower the overall appeal. Right now, the other top matchups on the card include UFC newcomer Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. fellow lightweight Ross Pearson (14-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and heavyweights Matt Mitrione (5-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) vs. Philip De Fries (9-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC).
    Alexander Gustafsson suffers cut, UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner reportedly in doubt | News

Shame, but I'm not too upset by it. I've never been high on Goose and I think this fight was more an opportunity for Moussasi than anything else.

Gus is cut but wants to fight IMMAF are making a decision on it over the next 48 hours, they can't license him to fight if the deem him to be at risk of further injury.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

It's game over they're not licensing him.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

I'm not as devastated as some of the people I've seen on the mma Facebook pageS. As long as the event itself isn't canceled I'm satisfied.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

How about Brandon Vera? I saw an article earlier this month about how he's back and putting the lhw and hw divisions on notice.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information