Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bisping: Belfort's a Bible-bashing boring bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Hey now, Bisping's opponents weren't all bad. I mean, come on, he did beat Josh Haynes AND Elvis Sinosic after all .
    beat em? he finished those doods like chips and vinegar!

not to mention the gladeeatah Pointon.

of course, these days we'd get 10 videos making fun of Haynes sick kid and the fact that Sinosic is descended from criminals that Bispings grate-grandpap kicked out of the UK 100 years ago.

Ah...how MMA has progressed in just a few short years.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Well, if we're only going to judge Belfort from 2004-6, wouldn't we have to say that Bisping is an absolutely lethal world-beater of a fighter? In that same time period, Pip was KOing dudes, subbing dudes, it was like a monster and a wrecking machine had a hate baby with an English accent.

Of course, in context, Priscila had just been kidnapped in 2004, nobody had a clue what happened to her, and Belfort had a head full of snakes.

Oh, and the doods Bisping was crushing were dented cans with utterly meh records...a couple of whom went on to have meh records at welterweight, as well.

rh
    Good thing we're NOT judging Vitor from 2004 to 2006, but rather his FIRST run in PRIDE from 1999-2001 BEFORE Priscila was kidnapped and he was coming off his Wand blitz. The Sakuraba, Herring, Southworth, Yvel and Matsui fights are pretty brutal for somebody of Vitor's hype as an exciting fighter lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Good thing we're NOT judging Vitor from 2004 to 2006, but rather his FIRST run in PRIDE from 1999-2001 BEFORE Priscila was kidnapped and he was coming off his Wand blitz. The Sakuraba, Herring, Southworth, Yvel and Matsui fights are pretty brutal for somebody of Vitor's hype as an exciting fighter lol.
    You dick.

I hate it when you're right.

...and I'm wrong.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I actually remember watching Bisping fight Sinosic live. I remember Sinosic dropped him with a knee and came very close to finishing Bisping with a Kimura, but Bisping escaped, and Sinosic was basically already gassed at that point...so Bispsing tko'd him and they made it seem like some great win of coarse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    You dick.

I hate it when you're right.

...and I'm wrong.

rh

If this were "Around The Horn", I think that's worth like, 20 rep points lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I've spoken with Reali a couple of times on Twitter, really super cool dude.

I once told him that he was what I always imagined Henry Rowengartner would've become when he grew up, which he thought was fucking awesome.

One of my favourite sports people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I've spoken with Reali a couple of times on Twitter, really super cool dude.

I once told him that he was what I always imagined Henry Rowengartner would've become when he grew up, which he thought was fucking awesome.

One of my favourite sports people.
    And a ROTY reference. I saw that movie a hundred time as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

As classy as ever Mike......the only thing I saw Vitor thumping was your head, but hey?.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    And a ROTY reference. I saw that movie a hundred time as a kid.
    I used to play baseball for 11 years. I tried to master that awkward pitch for a couple weeks when I was 11-12. Haha.

Thread Information