Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,462

    Default Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish

    UFC on Fox 7: Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish - MMAmania.com

    One would expect the normally reserved Cormier to brush off Mir's comments with a smirk, but his response via Bleacher Report was anything but civil, stating he was going to force the Las Vegas native to quit.

    "To the point of me not being a guy that can finish fights, I'm going to tell you right now and this is 100 percent true-Frank Mir says I can't finish fights? Okay that's fine. My intention in this fight is not to finish Frank Mir. I'm going beat up on Frank Mir for 15 minutes and I'm going to make him stay in that cage with me.If Frank Mir gets finished, it will be because he quit. We've all seen some of his fights where we're like 'what exactly happened there?'. Know that in this one, if he gets finished it will be because he quits. I'm going to make him check out of that fight, I'm not going to do it for him. I'm not going to do it for him. When he wants out of the fight, he'll get out of the fight. So watch the fight on April 20. If Frank Mir gets finished it's because he checked out."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Fun fact: Mir has only seen 3 decisions in his career, all wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Fun fact: Mir has only seen 3 decisions in his career, all wins.
    Fun fact: Mir has 6 losses on his record, all KO/TKO













    Sorry, couldn't find a gif from the Cruz fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Big Mir fan here yet I'm pretty sure he's going to lose. Actually if he losses badly I hope he hangs it up. He's a smart guy he can do other stuff its not worth the excess head trauma. Junior is a great boxer but Mir shouldn't have looked as bad as he did against him. Its almost that time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Fun fact: Mir has 6 losses on his record, all KO/TKO













    Sorry, couldn't find a gif from the Cruz fight.

    LOL
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    So... Is he intentionally trying not to ko Mir, or is he just talking out of his ass? I would think if he sees a shot to ko Mir he will take it, which is how i see the fight ending.

    Either way I liked Cormier more when I wasn't reading his interviews. I don't think he's so "usually reserved" as the article suggests so much as nobody heard him talk shit until recently. That or he's been hanging out with Sonnen too much lately. Either way I'd like to see him catch an armbar.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9,103

    Default

    Sooo...this is Cormier telling us to expect an overly cautious performance from him on his Octagon debut?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

  8. #8

    Default

    The title is horribly worded.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    WoW Cormier talks alot of shit for someone who has never fought in the UFC. Mir isnt a bum and a former world champion. Cormier has never fought at 205 and says he is going to be beat Bones Jones too. I think Frank wins by sub and Daniel comes up with some excuse..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    The title is horribly worded.
    No doubt.

    WoW Cormier talks alot of shit for someone who has never fought in the UFC. Mir isnt a bum and a former world champion. Cormier has never fought at 205 and says he is going to be beat Bones Jones too. I think Frank wins by sub and Daniel comes up with some excuse..
    I don't think that's a fair statement at all. Frank has been flapping his gums all over the planet about DC like he does everyone. Hard to see DC as the instigator in anything that involves Mir.

    Calling out Jones was kind of silly but he had to put some kind of fine point on that night after looking kind of BLAH against Starling.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •