Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish

Default Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish

UFC on Fox 7: Daniel Cormier says Frank Mir will quit if their fight ends in a finish - MMAmania.com

One would expect the normally reserved Cormier to brush off Mir's comments with a smirk, but his response via Bleacher Report was anything but civil, stating he was going to force the Las Vegas native to quit.

"To the point of me not being a guy that can finish fights, I'm going to tell you right now and this is 100 percent true-Frank Mir says I can't finish fights? Okay that's fine. My intention in this fight is not to finish Frank Mir. I'm going beat up on Frank Mir for 15 minutes and I'm going to make him stay in that cage with me.If Frank Mir gets finished, it will be because he quit. We've all seen some of his fights where we're like 'what exactly happened there?'. Know that in this one, if he gets finished it will be because he quits. I'm going to make him check out of that fight, I'm not going to do it for him. I'm not going to do it for him. When he wants out of the fight, he'll get out of the fight. So watch the fight on April 20. If Frank Mir gets finished it's because he checked out."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Fun fact: Mir has only seen 3 decisions in his career, all wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Fun fact: Mir has only seen 3 decisions in his career, all wins.
    Fun fact: Mir has 6 losses on his record, all KO/TKO

Sorry, couldn't find a gif from the Cruz fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Big Mir fan here yet I'm pretty sure he's going to lose. Actually if he losses badly I hope he hangs it up. He's a smart guy he can do other stuff its not worth the excess head trauma. Junior is a great boxer but Mir shouldn't have looked as bad as he did against him. Its almost that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Fun fact: Mir has 6 losses on his record, all KO/TKO

Sorry, couldn't find a gif from the Cruz fight.

LOL
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

So... Is he intentionally trying not to ko Mir, or is he just talking out of his ass? I would think if he sees a shot to ko Mir he will take it, which is how i see the fight ending.

Either way I liked Cormier more when I wasn't reading his interviews. I don't think he's so "usually reserved" as the article suggests so much as nobody heard him talk shit until recently. That or he's been hanging out with Sonnen too much lately. Either way I'd like to see him catch an armbar.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Sooo...this is Cormier telling us to expect an overly cautious performance from him on his Octagon debut?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

The title is horribly worded.

WoW Cormier talks alot of shit for someone who has never fought in the UFC. Mir isnt a bum and a former world champion. Cormier has never fought at 205 and says he is going to be beat Bones Jones too. I think Frank wins by sub and Daniel comes up with some excuse..

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    The title is horribly worded.
    No doubt.

WoW Cormier talks alot of shit for someone who has never fought in the UFC. Mir isnt a bum and a former world champion. Cormier has never fought at 205 and says he is going to be beat Bones Jones too. I think Frank wins by sub and Daniel comes up with some excuse..
    I don't think that's a fair statement at all. Frank has been flapping his gums all over the planet about DC like he does everyone. Hard to see DC as the instigator in anything that involves Mir.

Calling out Jones was kind of silly but he had to put some kind of fine point on that night after looking kind of BLAH against Starling.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information