+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Mo on Loss: That MotherF***er had his back turned scared Wants A Rematch

Default King Mo on Loss: That MotherF***er had his back turned scared Wants A Rematch

EXCLUSIVE | King Mo on Loss: That MotherF***er had his back turned scared – Wants A Rematch | BJPENN.COM Radio MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

I didnt take nothing from it, man, Lawal said, worse shit happens. Its not like the dude thought, Alright, Im going to throw a one-two-three- spinning back fist. The mother****** had his back turned and was scared, so he threw that spinning back fist because he didnt know where the f*** I was at, and it landed. You know what Im saying, camp went good, trained hard for him, its not like he was setting that thing up the whole time, he just threw that s*** out the blue. S*** lands sometimes, you know what Im saying? If its a rematch, 99% of the time, Im going to win that fight. The dude knew it, he knew it, thats why he was so shocked when it landed. It is what it is, you know what Im saying, I aint take nothing from it. Im not going to change shit that I do. S*** happens, know what Im saying, so Im just going to be more aware of spinning s*** that I dont see, make sure I see it.

Only the second loss of King Mos MMA career, the light heavyweight fighter remains confident in his skills. He trains with top level mma fighters and boxers, but he insists that his training had nothing to do with the loss. The punch was, to put it bluntly, lucky.

Striking is striking, training is training, he said in response to questions about his preparation. Not many people throw spinning back fists in training because people get hurt from it. You dont see spinning back fists in Showtime because people get hurt from it, you dont throw it. In K-1, how many times do you see it? How many spinning back fists have you ever seen? How many people throw spinning back fists? Cung Le is one, Shonie Carter, and thats about it. [Emanuel Newton] wasnt outlanding me, I was outlanding him. He didnt test me with nothing really, I was testing him. He was switching and going backwards, we threw a combo, an exchange; he had his back turned to me, I thought he was running away, and he threw a spinning back fist. People want to make a bigger deal about it, thats the way it is, you know what Im saying? People win, people lose. In a rematch, that s*** wouldnt happen. If you watch the fight, the dude was like, well, I looked over my shoulder. Mother****** you didnt look over your damn shoulder, you threw that s*** out of fear. Because when you throw a spinning back fist, and you know youre going to throw it, youre going to throw like Shonie Carter did. Youre going to throw it like Cung Le throws it. They set that s*** up, they throw it, boom boom boom, they set it up. He just threw that s*** because he was scared and he had his back turned. It is what it is, you know what, good for him it landed. It landed, good for him. But thats a one-time thing. Its not going to land on nobody else.

When asked about a rematch with Newton, King Mo was more interested in winning the Bellator championship than any fight with a particular opponent. He said, Rematch is cool, but I was like, win the tournament. If he wins or loses, dont matter because I know Im going to see him eventually. The wrong will be righted, and then thats it Im still whooping his ass next time I see him in the cage, or I can just win the tournament, get the belt, then he has to work his way to me. Makes no difference to me.

For the time being, Lawal is busy training and waiting to hear what is next for his career in Bellator. I dont know, he said, right now Im just doing some pro wrestling training in the gym. Im waiting to hear back. Im training, Im back at the gym. Im training my boy, Roy Nelson, Roy Nelsons going to knock out Cheick Kongo. Training Ryan Martinez. Im at the Mayweather gym, like I always am every day. Strength training, Im doing everything man, Im training for the next tournament. When thats going to be, Im not sure yet. But when it happens, Ill be ready.

Such a high-caliber training camp comes with his move to Las Vegas, NV. This move meant a departure from American Kickboxing Academy. For Lawal, however, the move made sense on more than one level. I like working with Jeff Mayweather, he explained. I work with Dewey Cooper as well. My two coaches, my boys. And Master Roy Nelson, I work with him. You know, AKA was good, but you know man, living out there was way to expensive for me, you know what Im saying its expensive man. AKAs a great team too. Vegas was good, I just thought Ill go to Vegas for a little bit. My family was happy with the move, and I feel like it was the right move for me. So we switched some gears a little bit.

Focusing on his training and helping his teammates, the furthest thing from King Mos mind is what his detractors think of his last fight. To him, its like this: my biggest loss is better than their biggest win. Dog, its sports! You know, I train hard, I lose, I train harder, I train smarter to come back and win. Im not worried what people think, because those guys that are talking about me probably aint done s*** in their life; and if you were to look at them, at who they were, theyd be losers. Im not worried about people like that.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Stick to pro wrestling Muhammad

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I didn't know this happened. It's hilarious. Someone please post a gif for my lazy ass.

Rep awaits

King Mo got dropped, and now he's complaining it wasn't fair?

Whatever his complaint was, He lost.

I would watch the rematch, but this wasnt a close decision.

Mo was finished. Done deal.

Let Mo bring a chair into the cage to make it fair.

I bet he trains with that

Trod I owe you a sig. I haven't forgotten. But currently you are rocking one I fully support. Plus I just haven't had the time to hunt one down. It's coming though.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

King mo didn't lose. He was just sleepy and Emanuel just wanted to help him down .
    Last edited by sproggy; 04-02-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Repd and repd. Fuck that was even funnier than I had thought it would be. Thanks guys!

Damn narcolepsy always happens at the worst time

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Trod I owe you a sig. I haven't forgotten. But currently you are rocking one I fully support. Plus I just haven't had the time to hunt one down. It's coming though.
    Trodden has owed me a sig since last February lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information