Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear British people. More specifically people of LONDON

Default Dear British people. More specifically people of LONDON

I will be visiting London in May. I will be over there when Cain fights Bigfoot and I want to know how/where you all go about watching your fights?

There's the time difference, so when do you see the fights.
    And last time I was there I didn't notice any Buffalo Wild Wings or anything like that, so I'm just wondering what places/pubs play the fights... If any.

Just curious Because this card is STACKED and I have to see it.

Thanks.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I will be visiting London in May. I will be over there when Cain fights Bigfoot and I want to know how/where you all go about watching your fights?

There's the time difference, so when do you see the fights.
    And last time I was there I didn't notice any Buffalo Wild Wings or anything like that, so I'm just wondering what places/pubs play the fights... If any.

Just curious Because this card is STACKED and I have to see it.

Thanks.
    Hey man, I'm not from London (I live about 3 hours drive West) but the whole country's smaller than Texas so I don't suppose it matters too much where you're going haha.

Unfortunately all UFC cards start at either 2 or 3am over here. Facebook prelims often start about 11pm, then if there's televised prelims then they'll start around 1am, then the main card at 3am.

Because of the time, it's usually a case of going to a friends house (one with a nice big TV, and ESPN) to watch the cards. I don't know of any pubs that show the cards, but if you happen to know the owner of one it might be worth trying to get a lock-in.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Crazy how a country smaller than Texas at one point practically ruled the world.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Crazy how a country smaller than Texas at one point practically ruled the world.
    Yeah man, check this out, it's insane
    It's surprising how little I was taught in school about the British empire, too, they barely even mentioned it. Anything I know about came out of my own interest in it, not from school.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    It's surprising how little I was taught in school about the British empire, too, they barely even mentioned it. Anything I know about came out of my own interest in it, not from school.
    Really???? The British Empire and Colonialism were the biggest part of our world history books in school.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    Really???? The British Empire and Colonialism were the biggest part of our world history books in school.
    Yeah man, my teachers taught us much more about the first and second world wars, the Elizabethans and the Victorians. Although they taught us about Queen Victoria and British society and family life at the time, our teacher barely even mentioned the huge empire the Queen and country had at the time. Weird.

0-1 on sig bets.

Unfortunately all UFC cards start at either 2 or 3am over here. Facebook prelims often start about 11pm, then if there's televised prelims then they'll start around 1am, then the main card at 3am.

Because of the time, it's usually a case of going to a friends house (one with a nice big TV, and ESPN) to watch the cards. I don't know of any pubs that show the cards, but if you happen to know the owner of one it might be worth trying to get a lock-in.
    Fuuuuudge.
    So I pretty much have to find someone's house to watch it at at 3 in the morning?
    Crap. Might have to hop online to watch 'em then.

Thanks though.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Yeah man, my teachers taught us much more about the first and second world wars, the Elizabethans and the Victorians. Although they taught us about Queen Victoria and British society and family life at the time, our teacher barely even mentioned the huge empire the Queen and country had at the time. Weird.
    That's crazy. You almost can't talk about history without getting into it. It was covered in pretty decent detail when I was going through school.

It's one of those best/worst kind of things, because the Empire did some great stuff, but they also did some really despicable stuff.

The extermination of the Thugee is a perfect example. Did the Thugee still exist in the 19th century? Lots of people are saying now that they did not, and the British used the legend of the Thugee to justify increasing their hold on India, which would be bad. But, if there were still Thugee cults, then what they did was a (at least marginally) good thing.

It's a really interesting period in world history. Lots of intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Fuuuuudge.
    So I pretty much have to find someone's house to watch it at at 3 in the morning?
    Crap. Might have to hop online to watch 'em then.

Thanks though.
    Don't they play them on espn over there? I thought I heard they were not Ppv in Europe. If that is the case u can watch the fight with a hooker and a case of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Don't they play them on espn over there? I thought I heard they were not Ppv in Europe. If that is the case u can watch the fight with a hooker and a case of beer.
    Just like SEG intended...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information