+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt Mitrione admits his “head is on the chopping block”

Default Matt Mitrione admits his “head is on the chopping block”

Matt Mitrione admits his

“My head is on the chopping block, there is a little bit of pressure on externally and let’s go out there and see what I got. Let’s go out there and see what happens,” said a surprisingly realistic Mitrione in a recent interview with Bleacher Report.

While Mitrione’s off-color personality has won over a number of fans, he rubbed UFC President Dana White the wrong way last year by turning down a short-notice scrap with Daniel Cormier, making his circumstances even direr than they might normally be. Of course, that doesn’t mean Mitrione is losing any sleep about the prospect of testing free agency.

“Honestly, it doesn’t really affect me because in the UFC you can have one bad fight and get axed out,” stated Mitrione. “That is not any additional pressure but it is a realization that I could get cut if I lose. I pride myself with being as honest with myself as possible, and this is a situation where there definitely is peril if I lose this fight. But I’m not going to lose, so I’m not worried about it.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I like watching him slug out fights.
    Hopefully he wins and keeps his job.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

3. Default

Meathead has growen on me as a dope that seems honest with the athletics to be a good mid tier fighter

I think he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Correction:

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    he rubbed UFC President Dana White the wrong way last year by turning down a short-notice vicious KO by Daniel Cormier...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I think he'll be fine.
    Yeah he'll be safe not like the UFC has a ton of depth at heavyweight to just be cutting guys. Especially ones that put on entertaining fights and still have some potential to develop.

Mitrione has said many times he relishes being the underdog. This is him putting himself in that mindset.

I don't think he's close to being cut. Dana would not give Bellator or WSOF an exciting HW. It's not going to happen.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information