Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz calls Forrest Griffin loss at UFC 148 'fishy'

Default Tito Ortiz calls Forrest Griffin loss at UFC 148 'fishy'

How does Dana know? Tito Ortiz calls Forrest Griffin loss at UFC 148 'fishy' - MMAmania.com
    "After [he ran] out of the fight, that shows that he lost and for Dana to go back and run and get him to come back, there’s something fishy going on here," Ortiz said to GNP.tv in a recent interview. "How does Dana know how the match is going to turn out? I thought something was fishy about that. Was it premeditated? Was it pre-planned what the answer was going to be? If If didn't knock him out or if I didn't submit him, they already knew who was going to win."

Ortiz, it seems, is suggesting -- or at least questioning -- the possibility that the UFC might have had a hand in the decision from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC)-appointed panel of judges. It simply doesn't make sense otherwise, considering Ortiz (in his view) completely dominated Griffin despite losing a unanimous decision.

Two knockdowns, which took place in the second and third rounds, respectively, as well as numerous takedowns and unrivaled kick-checking ability far outweighed anything that Griffin did throughout their 15-minute "Fight of the Night" in "Sin City."

"I thought I won, all my fans thought I won," Ortiz explained. "When you drop a guy twice, take him down four times and you dominate by doing it … He never took me down. He never hurt me…. For the first time ever in UFC history, they showed strikes attempted -- not strikes landed, strikes attempted. When do you ever show somebody with strikes attempted? He never hit me, I blocked all of them, I checked all of his kicks."

Hes got a point. It was a terrible dec.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Dammit Tito, can't you just go away?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Tito is just trying to distract the media from his old ladies antics this weekend... Jenna Jameson Arrested For Battery During Birthday Celebrations

I'll tell you what's sad, Jenna Jameson is clearly a person with some serious demons. Look at her habitual acting out, weight loss, and the obvious. People on here are going to bash her and say some terrible things as they always do but this is clearly a person who needs some help and lots of it.

I hope she gets what she needs as she is a mother.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Id have to re-watch it, but from what I remember it was a pretty close fight, not this robbery that he is making it sound like. And Dana chased him down cause it was a close fight and a pretty important fight given it was Tito's retirement fight. So it would've looked terrible to have a winner who wasn't there. Doesn't mean he knew he was going to win. Why am I even typing all this out, this is a pointless article.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Tito is just trying to distract the media from his old ladies antics this weekend... Jenna Jameson Arrested For Battery During Birthday Celebrations
    oh my

she looks like shit.

I thought Forrest won when I watched it live, I thought he won when I re-watched it too. Tito had a good 3rd round, but outside of that knockdown he had trouble getting any offense together. In the 2nd, it wasn't really a knockdown Forrest just stumbled backwards. Neither knockdown was he really rocked either.

Zombie is born!

I remember thinking that the fight was awful when I watched it, but I remember thinking Forrest won. No body won that fight, but Tito looked more stiff and was even less active than Griffin, it was a terrible fight that Tito has no business complaining about. It was his last fight in the UFC, he was retiring anyway, Dana has no interest in trying to scam a decision in Griffin's favour and risk all the negative exposure and jail time that kind of act could ensure.

It's funny that everyone hates Tito so much (and he's earned it) that they say he's not really hurt he's somehow unskilled but his last few fights showed me personally that his back was jacked and had been for a long time. The way he slowed down after opening up early and his movements just became kind of deliberate and rigid like an old man with a back ache.

I thought the fight was a toss-up but hardly a robbery. I thought Tito beat Rashad in the first one.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information