Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Guillard and Mac Danzig Agree to Fight at UFC on Fox 8

Default Melvin Guillard and Mac Danzig Agree to Fight at UFC on Fox 8

Melvin Guillard and Mac Danzig Agree to Fight at UFC on Fox 8
    Posted on April 3, 2013 by MMAWeekly.com Staff

UFC on Fox 8 marks the promotion’s return to Seattle, and now the July 27 event has its first bout.

UFC officials on Wednesday announced that verbal agreements are in place for Melvin Guillard to face Mac Danzig in a lightweight match-up at UFC on Fox 8.

Guillard (30-12-2) has gone through a rough patch recently, winning just one of his last five fights. He is coming off of back-to-back losses to Jamie Varner and former training partner Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.

Guillard recently left the Blackzilian team in Florida, initially intending to return to Greg Jackson’s camp. That didn’t work out, so now Guillard is at the Grudge Training Center in Denver.

Danzig (21-10-1) is another fighter that needs to get some momentum going.

He is just 4-6 in the Octagon since winning TUF 6 and has alternated between wins and losses over the past three years. Danzig is coming off of a split decision loss to Takanori Gomi at UFC on Fuel TV 6 in China.

With the UFC clamping down on its roster lately, there is less and less room for error in the Octagon, putting some added pressure on Guillard and Danzig.

UFC on Fox 8 takes place on July 27 at the KeyArena in Seattle.

Melvin Guillard and Mac Danzig Agree to Fight at UFC on Fox 8 | MMAWeekly.com
    Should be an exciting fight...

Hmmm, interesting match-up. I hope Mac takes it. At least he doesn't assault people when not in the Octagon. I don't care for Melvin. While he's an exciting fighter, he has shown poor judgement outside the cage on more than one occasion.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by cpac77 View Post
    Hmmm, interesting match-up. I hope Mac takes it. At least he doesn't assault people when not in the Octagon. I don't care for Melvin. While he's an exciting fighter, he has shown poor judgement outside the cage on more than one occasion.
    Poor judgement in the cage as well.

I'm sure WSOF will offer Melvin a job when he gets cut.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Melvin's lost four of his last five and the four he's dropped have been to top twenty LWs and Danzig has only been KO'd once against the slick Mach Sakurai.

Of the opponents they share in common, both have lost to Neer and Miller and Danzig has a win over Joe Daddy, while Melvin got guillotined by Joe....

Mac should probably outwork Melvin if he can avoid the power strikes. New camp for Melvin at the Grudge Training Center, I'm concerned that it might take a fight to get adjusted and acclimated to his new surrounded but I don't know if he'll be given another UFC fight if he loses this fight outright.

I think Mac decisions him, but with Melvin, there's always a KO chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Melvin's lost four of his last five and the four he's dropped have been to top twenty LWs and Danzig has only been KO'd once against the slick Mach Sakurai.
    Man, I remember watching that fight, it seemed like such a mismatch; Sakurai made it look super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Man, I remember watching that fight, it seemed like such a mismatch; Sakurai made it look super easy.
    When Mach was on, he was one of the best WWs of his era and even afterwards(like during the Danzig fight) he still was a fucking BEAST.

DAMN, I like both fighters and dont want to see either lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    When Mach was on, he was one of the best WWs of his era and even afterwards(like during the Danzig fight) he still was a fucking BEAST.
    When he started his career going 20-1 he was one of the very best in the world. Mac was led to the slaughter in that fight.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I am hoping for a sub by Mac.

Thread Information