Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans not afraid of being cut; but may drop to middleweight with a loss to Dan

Default Rashad Evans not afraid of being cut; but may drop to middleweight with a loss to Dan

UFC 161: Rashad Evans not afraid of being cut; but may drop to middleweight with a loss to Dan Henderson - MMAmania.com

"I watched a little bit of the (Nogueira) fight. It was a lackluster performance on my part. It was one of those life lessons. You watch a fight like that, and it's like, ‘What was I thinking? Where was my head?' It took me weeks to get my head around what I did. Dan Henderson is no secret. The power of Dan Henderson is in his huge right hand. He has great take down offensive, he has a wrestling background and he will get you on the ground and do ground-and-pound. For me, what I need to do is fight my fight. I need to have my transitions, from my punches to my takedowns, and they need to be sharp. No lazy half-shots. No pitty-pat punching. I need hard punching and hard takedowns. No, I'm not worried about losing my job. I put in a lot of good fights at the UFC and I'm confident that I'm not going to lose my next fight. If I lose my next fight, I would consider dropping down a weight class. If I drop down to 185 and things weren't going right, then I would think about retiring."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hasn't he been talking about middleweight for a while now?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Yeah i wish he would move down right now, he's been asked about it and tempted since his loss to JBJ. The hesitation in the Lil Nog fight was a carryover from the prior loss to Jones. Someone has been training him wrong using that pattycake technique kinda like how Koscheck has been pawing at everyones eyes lately. Its an effective technique when an elite striker knows how to use it but Rashad and Josh just dont fit the bill. Those two act like all they have is a punchers chance it completely stiffles their other tools.

his legs are thick but i think 185 is were he sould be at he only stands 5'11"

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    his legs are thick but i think 185 is were he sould be at he only stands 5'11"
    Hight doesn't always mean all that much though. Just look at the guy filling in for Gustafsson. He's 5'8" but he's built like a brick shit house. Same with guys like Lombard, Palhares, and Pat Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Hight doesn't always mean all that much though. Just look at the guy filling in for Gustafsson. He's 5'8" but he's built like a brick shit house. Same with guys like Lombard, Palhares, and Pat Barry.
    I get ya but I bet 2/3 of the names you mentioned are on something 'extra'.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Evans wont get near a title shot at 205.....what exactly is stopping him from dropping down to 185?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I get ya but I bet 2/3 of the names you mentioned are on something 'extra'.
    Haha alright fine, maybe Palhares was a bad example but who's the other one that's on "something extra?" I'm assuming you mean Lombard but he's never tested hot has he?

I think he should, it would give him something to work for in regards to a title shot because as long as Jones has the LHW title I just do not see him being LHW champion.
    I honestly do not see anyone at MW that Rashad could not beat and almost easily beat. His fight with Nog showed he was a step off his game but other than that hickup Rashad only loses to people who are spectacular that night.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information