Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaz Camp Formally Requests Drug Testing Details From Quebec Commission

Default Diaz Camp Formally Requests Drug Testing Details From Quebec Commission

UFC 158 has come and gone, but in typical Nick Diaz fashion the media and fans are forced to still talk about it.

La Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux (RACJ), the athletic commission in Quebec, confirmed yesterday that they tested six UFC 158 competitors for banned substances.

They would not release the names of the six-tested fighters, however the commission did confirm that they didn’t find any positive results from the competitors.

The Diaz camp has decided that that’s just not good enough and they want more answers.

In a report from MMAWeekly:

Jonathan Tweedale, a representative of Nick Diaz’s camp, however, revealed to MMAWeekly.com that Diaz was one of the six.

Not only did Tweedale confirm that Diaz was tested and produced negative results, but added that Diaz’s camp is requesting further information from the Quebec commission.

Mr. Diaz’s sample tested negative. We have now requested from the Quebec Commission (the Regie):

1) A copy of the Regie’s request to the laboratory specifying which substances the lab was asked to test the sample for (if any), and

2) A copy of any documents received from the lab conducting the drug testing showing the precise test results for Mr. Diaz for all substances the sample was actually tested for.

Tweedale would not elaborate on why they requested further information from the commission, but it should be noted that Diaz’s camp has already challenged the RACJ over its handling of the UFC 158 weigh-ins.

The Diaz camp stated that the RACJ relaxed its own rules for the main event, in particular, because Georges St-Pierre was involved.

“The Quebec Commission deliberately relaxed the rule (regarding a bout’s contracted weight) in this case and, by its own admission, allowed their home-town fighter to ‘make weight’ even if he weighed more than the contracted weight,” Tweedale noted in an earlier statement to MMAWeekly.com regarding the controversial weigh-in situation.

St-Pierre won the five-round championship fight by unanimous decision.
    Diaz Camp Formally Requests Drug Testing Details From Quebec Commission MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Im really getting sick of this bullshit. So once they give them the results and it shows that GSP was tested (if i do recall didnt they complain in the first place that no one "watched" GSP submit his sample) and had nothing in his system will diaz just go away and not come back...becauase that would be ideal at this point.

Well, at least Nick is beating SOMETHING, even if it is merely a dead horse.

I'd drop the whole camp from the UFC they're not worth the drama.

"The Quebec Commission deliberately relaxed the rule (regarding a bout’s contracted weight) in this case and, by its own admission, allowed their home-town fighter to ‘make weight’ even if he weighed more than the contracted weight,” Tweedale noted in an earlier statement to MMAWeekly.com regarding the controversial weigh-in situation."

This alone would stop me from ever putting a title fight on in Quebec Zuffa should never let this happen again and if that means no fights in Canada well then so be it.
    To me i dont care if GSP made 170 just the fact they where going to let him slide is whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    "The Quebec Commission deliberately relaxed the rule (regarding a bout’s contracted weight) in this case and, by its own admission, allowed their home-town fighter to ‘make weight’ even if he weighed more than the contracted weight,” Tweedale noted in an earlier statement to MMAWeekly.com regarding the controversial weigh-in situation."

This alone would stop me from ever putting a title fight on in Quebec Zuffa should never let this happen again and if that means no fights in Canada well then so be it.
    To me i dont care if GSP made 170 just the fact they where going to let him slide is whats wrong
    To the best of my knowledge this has always been how the Quebec athletic commission has done things. It's only been an issue now because Diaz made it an issue and was clearly not informed about the details of the athletic commission.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Kind of like he wasnt informed that weed was a banned substance, or that he has to show up to press conferences, or to filming times for the pre-show, or or or or.

The only thing longer then Diaz's list of excuses is the garbage articles we need to read about an at-best average fighter with a big mouth.

Now, somebody go sign a permission form so dbader can get out of school a few minutes early to come tell us how awesome diaz is.
    lol your so negative.

Half of your posts are you bitching and complaining about fighters and the other half are you trying to suck Hoss's nuts.

Trying?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post

I dont understand how everyone assumes that they did this for GSP...i mean the guy has never had a problem making weight before and on the other hand you have Diaz's brother who missed weight in his most recent title fight. Is it really that far fetched to think that the comission was letting diaz (a person who has shown MANY TIMES that he doesnt know and/or care for rules) know what was up rather than making a "rule" to allow the "home town boy" to make weight.

Diaz weighed 169. The commission said anybody at 170 or over would be called 170. Diaz was called 169, it's pretty simple.

Thread Information