Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks: Title more important than fighting GSP

Default Hendricks: Title more important than fighting GSP

Hendricks: Title more important than fighting GSP - Mixed Martial Arts News
    With his win over Carlos Condit at UFC 158, Johny Hendricks solidified himself as the number one contender and will be the next to fight for the welterweight title. Recently the champion St-Pierre and/or his camp have discussed defending his title or moving up in weight to challenge Anderson Silva. Hendricks discussed his thoughts on the situation with Sherdog.com's Beatdown Radio:

"I want that fight to happen. I want to fight Georges St. Pierre. He's the guy who's had the belt for the last three or four years at 170. That's who I want to fight, but also, I can't get into where I want to fight just Georges St. Pierre because let's say he goes to 185. I can't run and chase him to 185. The most important part is that belt. That's what he holds. The thing that he puts around his waist after every fight and carries home, that's what makes Georges St. Pierre so dominant, is that he's been able to do that so many times.

Yes, I'd like to be able to take it away from him, a shot at taking it away from him, but if he moves up, I want the belt more than Georges St. Pierre."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

If GSP does run to 185, who does Hendricks fight for the vacant title? He's beaten just about everyone else in the top 5 already, GSP being the only exception. Id guess Maia? He's fringe top 5 right now, and probably the most worthy non-Hendricks fighter at 170.

Unless of course they just Rousey the title to him..

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    If GSP does run to 185, who does Hendricks fight for the vacant title? He's beaten just about everyone else in the top 5 already, GSP being the only exception. Id guess Maia? He's fringe top 5 right now, and probably the most worthy non-Hendricks fighter at 170.

What about Ellenberger?

Fringe? He dominated the donger (I know weird injury), tapped story, and absolutely grapple fucked Fitch. I got Maia at 3. I think he is a dangerous threat at 170.

Hendricks is a good guy who has EARNED his shot. Can't wait.

Maia/Diaz. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Maia/Diaz. Hah.
    I would pay for that!

Rousey the title to him? what does that mean? lol if ur going to be an ass wouldn't it be Aldo the title to him? he was the first no?
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Wow, just more meaningless babbled nonsense out of his mouth. It is never ending.

Thread Information