Thread: Chris Weidman plans to bring TUF 17's Uriah Hall to help train for Anderson Silva

Default Chris Weidman plans to bring TUF 17's Uriah Hall to help train for Anderson Silva

Chris Weidman plans to bring TUF 17's Uriah Hall to help train for Anderson Silva at UFC 162 - Bloody Elbow

Chris will bring in TUF 17's Uriah Hall to help him prepare for the Spider

"I actually think I'm going to bring in, you know Uriah Hall from The Ultimate Fighter? He has some cool kicks and stuff like that. I actually fought him before too," Weidman said during an appearance on Chokes and Jokes.

"If you get caught standing still, looking at him, he's going to freaking kick you right in the face. You got to be moving either getting out of there or you're moving forward. [Uriah Hall] is another guy, if you stand there with him, he's going to kick your head off. It has to be the same strategy. You move forward, you punch him and go for takedowns."

While Hall is certainly a talented striker, it will be no small task for him to prepare "The All American" for the 185 lb. king. Silva picked up his 11th title defense and 15th consecutive UFC win at UFC 148 with an incredible 2nd round TKO over Chael Sonnen. He followed that off with a complete demolition of Stephan Bonnar in October.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Anybody watch weidman vs hall? Weidman looked really sloppy but he caught Hall with a clean punch and finished him shortly after, first round.

Hall's good, but not Anderson Silva good and doesn't fight in a similar way as far as I can see.

If I were Weidman I would bring in a Ninja!

4. Default

Bringing in Hall does have the benefit of keeping you looking for kicks.. The problem with fighting guys like Anderson, Jones, GSP, etc (Machida... I could go on, but Im lazy today) is there arent a lot of guys who are capable of imitating their more unique style of fighting. I think the best chance of success against these dominant fighters will be more from establishing your own fighting style early in the match, and making them adjust to you, as opposed to training to adjust to them. Sonnen had the right idea in the first fight, he just ran out of line to bring that big fish in.

When you start worrying what fighters like Anderson (and and the rest of the apex predators at the top of the pile) will do, its too late to stop them from doing it.

Your right about Weidman's best chance is making Silva adjust to him. With his wrestling background it would be the best avenue to take. I just don't believe that Chris' grappling level is enough to give The Spider problems.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

6. Default

Bringing in a guy you finished in like a minute. Riiight.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Bringing in a guy you finished in like a minute. Riiight.
    Because you are the exact same person as a year ago...

personally I think hall would beat that ass in a rematch....this guy is fucking scary as hell. I want to see hall fight lombard. As for Weidman, after Anderson Clowns him give him bisping or vitor. Wandy could be a fun fight or rockhold.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    personally I think hall would beat that ass in a rematch....this guy is fucking scary as hell. I want to see hall fight lombard. As for Weidman, after Anderson Clowns him give him bisping or vitor. Wandy could be a fun fight or rockhold.....
    Rockhold never lost his title in SF. He shouldn't be fighting anyone other than Silva next.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information