Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: UFC on Fuel 9: Mousasi vs Latifi Discussion

It's kind of hard to look at the Mousasi fight with any real critique. A fight with a late replacement opponent, with a completely different style, who he has nothing to gain by winning or losing to, is not a fight you look at too seriously.

Mousasi probably could have gone out and smashed the guy, but Mousasi basically got a freebie where he could get actual octagon experience. He made the right call. I'm not saying he let the clock run to a decision, but not being in a rush to finish wasn't the worst move he could have made.

Only thing you can really say is that he won and now has a win under his belt in the UFC, allowing him to be comfortable in his next match.
    Last edited by Ramma; 04-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.

It's not often I agree with Pashak, but mousasi has been a top fighter for years. Much like Bigfoot Silva he'd been overlooked. I don't know if he will make a run for the title, but I wouldn't be surprised. He has a champions mentality, much like a Carlos Condit. If he loses it will either be very sudden or a brutal bitter fight. I'd wager the latter more likely....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Damn I wish I could find a way to watch this on my iPhone.
    Gegard Mousasi vs. Ilir Latifi full fight video highlights from UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Sweden - MMAmania.com
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information