+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WSOF president: Paulo Filho won't be returning to the organization

Default WSOF president: Paulo Filho won't be returning to the organization

WSOF president: Paulo Filho won't be returning to the organization | News

"I think he's got to do a lot of soul-searching for himself and if this is what he really wants to continue doing," Sefo told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMA Radio, UFC Radio - MMAjunkie Radio).

Filho (23-5-2), a former WEC champion and top-ranked middleweight, lost a lopsided decision to UFC vet Dave Branch (12-3) on the NBC Sports Network-televised main card of WSOF 2, which took place March 23 at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey.

Filho did little over three rounds other than defend the advances of Branch, who smothered him on the mat and at one point counted out loud the blows he landed from top position. WSOF commentators took note of Filho's lack of enthusiasm.

Even before the fight, Filho's participation looked shaky. The Brazilian missed a flight from his native country to the U.S., and WSOF officials considered pulling him from the card.

"We went through a lot of issues," Sefo said. "He didn't even know who his manager was. ... He had a couple of managers. At first, everything went smoothly. Then, toward the end, it was kind of rough."

Once considered a top-ranked middleweight in PRIDE, the 34-year-old Filho's career sputtered with a bizarre 2008 fight against current UFC light-heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen under the now-defunct WEC banner, and he then entered a tailspin as he fought his way through the regional circuit, where tales of out-of-the-cage drama persisted.

Sefo opened the door for future talks and said, "If we end up talking again, [we'll] see where that goes."

It appears, however, that Filho may have burned a bridge.

"Right now, he's definitely not on the next show," Sefo said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Thats ashame as he has talent just not the mind to use it.

train wreck. It's a shame.

I hate to say it, but good. He really just doesn't have it anymore. Letting him fight at this point would just be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He's done.

I remember when he was on most people's top ten p4p lists. How things can change...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information