Thread: UFC Featherweight Rodrigo Damm breaks into hospital seeking care for wife

Default UFC Featherweight Rodrigo Damm breaks into hospital seeking care for wife

UFC Featherweight Rodrigo Damm breaks into hospital seeking care for wife - Bloody Elbow

Former TUF competitor and UFC featherweight Rodrigo Damm gained illegal entry a restricted area of the Evangelical Hospital in Vila Velha, Brazil, Thursday night, in hysterics, believing that his wife was suffering from a heart attack. He released this statement to ESTV (via Tatame):

"She could not open her hands, which were hard. Her face was very red. I am a layman, I thought she was having a heart attack or something. I went to the doctor's office and asked for the love of God to meet my wife...

Globo reports that after doctors failed to treat her right away, he entered the office of a physician, who was consulting a patient with dengue fever, and threatened staff, demanding that someone see to his wife. He began filming the incident, but stopped when they threatened to refuse to treat her altogether. Eventually doctors were able to attend to her and after running a battery of tests determined that she did not require immediate treatment.

While the hospital is undecided as to whether or not to press charges against Damm, he is also considering a lawsuit of his own. Its not hard to understand Damm's reaction here, and all things told he's lucky that she wasn't seriously ill, and that he wasn't arrested on the spot.

For footage of the incident as well as his interview with ESTV Lutador capixaba se revolta com falta de atendimento e invade hospital - G1 Espírito Santo - Vídeos - Catálogo de Vídeos
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I see this all the time. People who have no idea of medical things at all always trying to get in first and believe they are the most important etc and telling us what to do. Sounds to me like she was having an anxiety attack and was likely breathing too fast and hard causing her hands to get stiff and would of course make a face red.

However the staff possibly refusing to treat her that is just wacky. No one where I am would ever do that or even threaten it.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I had to sit in the hospital for 4 hours after getting stabbed. That was not fun.

When I had to go to the bathroom 1 hour in, I bled all over the place because they didn't give me a bandage... only a towel. There are alot of apathetic staff nowadays. But there are far more rude patients that make them that way.

Just making sure his woman is not dying. Almost can't fault him for his actions. Almost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I had to sit in the hospital for 4 hours after getting stabbed. That was not fun.

When I had to go to the bathroom 1 hour in, I bled all over the place because they didn't give me a bandage... only a towel. There are alot of apathetic staff nowadays. But there are far more rude patients that make them that way.
    Stay out of East Hastings. lol
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information