Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor targeted for UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston, Dublin in future

Default Conor McGregor targeted for UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston, Dublin in future

Conor McGregor targeted for UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston, Dublin in future | News

Following McGregor's 67-second dismantling of Marcus Brimage (6-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event at Stockholm's Ericsson Globe Arena, the Irish fighter next will fight in a city with Irish roots.

According to UFC President Dana White, McGregor (13-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will be featured at (the awkwardly named) UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 event, the organization's debut show on the soon-to-launch UFC on FOX Sports 1 channel.

"The answer is yes," White said when asked about the possibility following Saturday's event.

No other fights are currently scheduled for the card, which takes place at TD Garden in Beantown. White also didn't mention a potential opponent for the fast-rising prospect.

McGregor, a former dual-division champ for the U.K.-based Cage Warriors promotion, entered the UFC with lofty expectations. As good on the mic as he is in the cage, White and other officials are clearly enamored with the 24-year-old, who now owns a nine-fight win streak with nine stoppages, including seven in the first round.

In fact, though Boston is next, White said McGregor is just the type of star who could lead the organization to its first show in Ireland since UFC 93 in early 2009. Many Irish fans, in fact, made the jaunt to Stockholm to see Saturday's bout.

"We love this sport [in Ireland]," McGregor said. "It was great to see all the Irish lads out there. It was unbelievable. Hopefully that persuades Dana to come back to Dublin. There's some great fighters over in our area. Hopefully we get a show out of this."

i'm surprised there aren't more posts in this.

i'm officially on the bandwagon. i thought conor was good, but maybe a lil' overrated as he hasn't really fought any "names" yet. i thought brimage was going to show connor that he probably wasn't as good as he liked to think. that obviously didn't happen.

i think the dude looked awesome. at first with his chin as high as it was, i thought he was gonna get caught. but his footwork and timing (and this is probably premature) reminded me of anderson or even machida. again, probably too early to be saying this, but dude has so much potential. i'm a fan and will start cheering for him.

with that said, i hope to see a match up with him and dustin Poirier in the future if conor keeps winning.
    lemme touch your feet

I'm just glad he shut Brimage up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I loved how brimage was bitching about how the UFC was holding him back. Bwahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies View Post
    i'm surprised there aren't more posts in this.

i'm officially on the bandwagon. i thought conor was good, but maybe a lil' overrated as he hasn't really fought any "names" yet. i thought brimage was going to show connor that he probably wasn't as good as he liked to think. that obviously didn't happen.

i think the dude looked awesome. at first with his chin as high as it was, i thought he was gonna get caught. but his footwork and timing (and this is probably premature) reminded me of anderson or even machida. again, probably too early to be saying this, but dude has so much potential. i'm a fan and will start cheering for him.

with that said, i hope to see a match up with him and dustin Poirier in the future if conor keeps winning.
    Not to mention he's Irish. Me and my friends finally have someone to cheer for!

Milkin the nationality

This would be a good opportunity to start not numbering ALL events.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

I'm interviewing him in the next few days he and Norman Parke will eventually fight as will him and Jim Allers .
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Irish boxer pokes fun at Conor McGregor following UFC win - Bloody Elbow

Following Conor McGregor's win on Saturday night, Irish boxer Kenny Egan (silver medalist at 81kg in the 2008 Beijing Olympics) tagged him in the following tweet:

That tweet on Twatter was full of awesome.

Much like this.

Thread Information