Thread: Lombard to partner with Dolce

Default Lombard to partner with Dolce

Lombard to partner with Dolce - Mixed Martial Arts News

Mike Dolce has made a name for himself helping MMA athletes manager their weight and nutrition and help them cut weight with precision. Today, Hector Lombard announced that he would be working with Dolce in the future:

Fans and media alike have suggested that he seriously consider changing his training style for a potential drop to welterweight, and it looks like that message has been received:

@HectorLombard Looking forward to be working with Mike Dolce!

Whether this signifies an immediate drop in weight class or a more gradual transition remains to be seen. He didn't appear to suffer any serious injuries in his last fight so a quick turnaround is possible.

awesome, that means we get to hear more bullshit rants spewing from dolce

Good for Hector. I think he carries far too much muscle for a drop to welterweight to be considered possible but Dolce should be able to help him with his cut.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

maybe he just wants to have an easier time getting to 185

i'd say it would be for an easier cut to MW, instead of a drop to WW. he's the thickest, densest MW in the division. he'd lose so much water getting down to WW he's by TKO'd via fatigue
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Hope he can do it, he's an awesome fighter but he has looked small in the UFC MW division. Not to mention... Robbie Lawler... Thiago Alves... Dream fights for him there. I still want to see him fight Vitor first.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Hope he can do it, he's an awesome fighter but he has looked small in the UFC MW division. Not to mention... Robbie Lawler... Thiago Alves... Dream fights for him there. I still want to see him fight Vitor first.
    Alves and Lombard are teammates and probably won't agree to fight each other, although I do agree that Alves/Lombard would be awesome. Lawler, Kampmann, Hardy (granted he's clear to fight), Siyar, Cote, and possibly Brown would all make for great potential match ups for his first bout in the WW division (if they are available).

Yeah I've been disappointing by Hector's run in the UFC, I really think he could do well at Middleweight, but his style is too flat footed to hang with guys who will smother his attacks and hold him down. I still enjoy his fights, he comes to hurt people, unfortunately many of his opponents will just come to win by any means necessary.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information