+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Joins Fight to Save Olympic Wrestling, Calls on Bellator & Viacom for Cooperation

Default UFC Joins Fight to Save Olympic Wrestling, Calls on Bellator & Viacom for Cooperation

UFC Joins the Fight to Save Olympic Wrestling, Calls on Bellator and Viacom for Cooperation | MMAWeekly.com

“I’ve met with a lot of top guys in wrestling. I met with them last Tuesday, and the UFC is joining the fight to help save Olympic wrestling,” said UFC president Dana White on Tuesday.

“Not just Olympic wrestling. Colleges are dropping wrestling right now. High schools have been dropping wrestling for a long time. Myself, I have personally funded tons of wrestling programs and the UFC has funded tons of wrestling programs for high school kids,” said White.

“I can’t be the guy to try and run out and save wrestling,” said White during the UFC on Fuel TV 7 press conference on Feb. 13.

One man can’t save wrestling, but a collective effort potentially can.

“It’s in the discussion phase. These guys are going out and fighting the fight. I think what I can do, and not just me and the UFC, but I think other companies like Bellator, too – Viacom owns Bellator, and I think Viacom would be probably interested in fighting the fight too,” said White on Tuesday’s UFC on Fox 7 media conference call.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This is good news, see inconsistency can be positive. All praise be to the bald man.

If Dana is about anything it's altruism and co-operation.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

3 on 3 half court basketball might be added to the Olympics for the Rio games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    3 on 3 half court basketball might be added to the Olympics for the Rio games.
    On roller skates.

Just like the ancient Greeks intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

7. Default

And the Lion pit for the loser too

I have to give Dana credit. He hate's to mention competition directly unless he's shitting on them. In a way he still is, but he's also right. They need to step up and start matching the UFC's contributions to Wrestling.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I have to give Dana credit. He hate's to mention competition directly unless he's shitting on them. In a way he still is, but he's also right. They need to step up and start matching the UFC's contributions to Wrestling.
    Helping maybe. Matching, absolutely not, at least not on pure financial terms. The UFC is a much larger, more lucrative and financially successful organization than Bellator.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

I have nothing, but good things to say about Dana on this one. Anybody who is trying to help save wrestling is a saint in my eyes.
    USA! USA! USA!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information