Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Henderson 'not even close' to looking past Gilbert Melendez

Default Ben Henderson 'not even close' to looking past Gilbert Melendez

UFC Quick Quote: Ben Henderson 'not even close' to looking past Gilbert Melendez - MMAmania.com

"I'm not looking past Gilbert. He might not have the biggest name, there might be bigger fights and blah blah blah out there, but I know how tough Gil is. He was the Strikeforce champ and he was rated the top two, top three, for a long time, for a reason. I'm not looking past him at all, not even close."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Hopefully Ben does keep his head on straight. Sorry for Gil as I don't want to see Gracie get a champ in his gym, and think Ben will take care of business.

Benson will win, but Gilbert won't actually lose.

You'll see....

i think it'll be a fairly close fight, both really aggressive fighters. i hope bendo pulls it out tho

I'm going to MMA Lab right now. Hopefully I'll get to see him. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Benson will win, but Gilbert won't actually lose.

You'll see....
    Somebody feels some type of way...
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

This is an interesting fight in my opinion for a reason that I haven't seen anybody else talk about.

El Nino as we all know has been at the top of the Strikeforce lightweight division for a long time. Look at who he fought though. I'm not saying anything about the level of competition. I'm saying everything about Gilbert's motivation. I can see it being kind of hard to get motivated for another Josh Thomson fight or a Masvidal fight or a Kawajiri fight.

However, I fully expect Gilbert to be more motivated than we've ever seen and as a result I think we're going to see the very best Gil Melendez that we've ever seen.

That being said, he's going to do his part to make that main event a great one. Will it be enough to become champion in the UFC? In my opinion, no. But my opinion really doesn't matter.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

I don't believe Bendo looks past any opponent so this is good to hear from him. I personally believe he beats Gil and further would love to see him against Alverez and whoever else following can earn a shot. I'm not sure who to give a shot to though besides maybe Gray Maynard or Pettis (I would like to see Bendo beat Pettis).
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Of course he's not going to look past him. I don't think Bendo looks past anyone but I still think that this is going to be a pretty easy fight for him. Like Leucoethiops said, Bendo will win, but Gilbert won't really lose lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

My boy bendo is going to take this one handily.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information