+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Gustaffson camp requests Lyoto Machida or UFC injury fill-in

I want to see Machida get his rematch with Jones, which he earned by beating Hendo. However, if Machida does not want to wait, I think a fight with Goose would not be bad, well it would be for Goose as I see Machida dropping him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Machida takes this easy imo. Hell I think Gus's best chance at beating Mousasi may have just passed him by too.
    I like Gustaffson, though feel people are making him out to be much better than he really is at this point. Before he meets Jones he really needs another tough fight. And realistically if he cannot definitively beat Machida then he is not ready for Jones.

I'd like to see this though, should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post
    I like Gustaffson, though feel people are making him out to be much better than he really is at this point. Before he meets Jones he really needs another tough fight. And realistically if he cannot definitively beat Machida then he is not ready for Jones.

I'd like to see this though, should be good.
    Why does Goose need to be babied any further? Look at how much and what competition he has beat.

It's as simple as if he beats Machida then he is ready and deserving of a title shot, if not, then he isn't.

Why make it more complicated?

Fight makes sense, I dunno if I consider that a good move for Gustaffson though.

Can anyone think of the last guy to callout Lyoto Michida? and I'm not talking about when he had the belt....I like this kid more and more, he's got some balls. Lyoto is not a fun fight for anybody, with the exception maybe of Shogun....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Like everyone else is said this potential Machida match-up makes a lot of sense. Personally I think Glover should be the UFC's next contender hopeful. Alexander prior to the Sweden ppv was my 1# contender but now he'll need to beat another former world champ. I still dont understand why folks think Machida is the best challenger. Lyoto has nothing for Bones nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Can anyone think of the last guy to callout Lyoto Michida? and I'm not talking about when he had the belt....I like this kid more and more, he's got some balls. Lyoto is not a fun fight for anybody, with the exception maybe of Shogun....
    Chael Sonnen 1000 times.

8. Default

I thought machida was gonna sit and wait on the winner of sonnen jones no? I may be imagining that, but I thought that was his plan..

If Machida does sit, Id like to see, a fight that makes very little sense rank wise, but Goose vs Vera. If that was a 3 round fight, it could be quite a firefight.

Machida vs. Sonnen would be extremely marketable. Haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information