Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weidman: I want to shock the world

Default Weidman: I want to shock the world

Weidman: I want to shock the world - Mixed Martial Arts News

Chris Weidman is scheduled to fight Anderson Silva at UFC 162 in July and of course is coming into the fight a huge underdog. But that doesn't deter his spirit and speaking with The Fight Network, he explains why:

"I'm a huge fan of Anderson Silva. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch. Obviously he has 16 fights in a row with the UFC, defended his belt, whatever it is. He does a great job, he is so confident. He is beating most of guys before they even walk in the cage. Once they get in the cage with them, he does such a great job of making them feel like they do not belong in the cage with him, like, ‘Are you joking me? You are not on my level.' He makes them feel so uncomfortable that they just want to break. He has them broken and then he can hit them with whatever he wants and then he looks like a freaking God.

I agree and I do think he is the best of all time. He is pound-for-pound the best, but I think I'm better. I think I can beat him. There's a lot of motivation for the fight. One of the biggest for me is to prove all of those people that actually think I'm going to get killed and see him as unbeatable. I can't wait to prove them wrong. I want to make it look easy out there. I want to shock the world."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Cant fuckin wait.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

10:00 minute mark

9-1

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    9-1
    Yep, dont worry Chris, you'll shock the world alright.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Is that guy for real with that fucking hair and outfit? LOL.

I just dont see this ending well for Weidman. 3rd round TKO for the Spider.

Shock the world in how fast he get's knocked out?

For the first time in Anderson's UFC career, he will not have a reach advantage. That is HUGE for a guy who loves to use the first five minutes as a feeling out process. Weidman will shock the world and stop Anderson inside the distance.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    Shock the world in how fast he get's knocked out?
    If Weidman didn't have ring rust, I would give him a chance, but I think he is getting KOd by 2:36 of round 1.

then out box, out strike and knock out anderson..

Thread Information