+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weidman: I want to shock the world

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    If Weidman didn't have ring rust, I would give him a chance, but I think he is getting KOd by 2:36 of round 1.
    I believe that ring rust can be a factor, however look at Anderson when he fought Sonnen for the second time he hadn't fought in 11 months. This fight it will be 9 months for him. GSP defeated Condit after not fighting for I think it was 19 months.

And why do you say 2:36? It seems like an odd number, why not just 2:30?

Brown Pride

I think if he can catch Silva on a bad night, then sure. I think any top ten MW could do it. But when Silva is 100 percent on, you really need to be a special kind of fighter to outshine him. I don't see anything special about weidman. He's confident and he's game. He beat Uraih Hall, who I think would beat him in a rematch and may actually be the guy who could really give Silva some serious problems. But that being said we'll see in July. I personally think this kid should have bed given some big names and bigger challenges before throwing him in against Silva. It's too early for him to be facing a legend like silva and I think that's going to show in this fight. But at least it shuts up the "defend the damn belt crowd" for a little while. Personally I think Silva only has a handful of fights in his career left and I don't like to see them wasted. If he has to give up the title to fight the great fights that people really wants to see then so be it, maybe it's time that he transcended even the UFC title and became a true fighting God. I think Dana could market the hell out of that concept....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

Chris is the guy to beat Anderson

Chris by finish

and I am A Anderson fan
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    If Weidman didn't have ring rust, I would give him a chance, but I think he is getting KOd by 2:36 of round 1.
    2:36 of rd one? That's one helluva crystal ball you got there? Does it have any idea when my gf stops being a whinny pain in the ass?

He's right about Anderson. The only guys that have a chance are the ones who don't seem to care about his jedi mind tricks like sonnen, lutter, Hendo. The problem is, they still get beat. If he can, in fact ignore the voodoo and go for it, he could be the one, but that is a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny Boom View Post
    2:36 of rd one? That's one helluva crystal ball you got there? Does it have any idea when my gf stops being a whinny pain in the ass?
    Never...they never stop...
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information