Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magalhaes: “Wrestling, I will give that to Phil Davis, but who cares?

Default Magalhaes: “Wrestling, I will give that to Phil Davis, but who cares?

Vinny Magalhaes:

“Level is not about numbers; level is about skills. And as far as skill goes, I think I have way more skills than him and I think it becomes a mismatch once we’re fighting each other,” said Magalhaes in an interview with the UFC, pointing out that rankings mean little once the cage door closes.

Though Magalhaes is willing to admit he may not have Davis’ credentials when it comes to collegiate success on the mat, he isn’t concerned considering the confidence he has in his own abilities.

“Wrestling, I will give that to Phil Davis, but who cares? He takes me down, that’s my world,” said the decorated BJJer. “He thinks he can (grapple) because he’s been fighting a bunch of cans who cannot. And he cannot strike. Every time people throw a punch he just falls, tries to shoot. He becomes like a NCAA wrestler.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I hope Davis takes him down and lets him up over and over again.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

idk about the cans statement when Magalhaes hasnt fought anybody of name either

Davis/Lil Nog made me sleepy.

i don't dislike davis, but vinny is right. davis looked completely out of his element after getting tagged by evans, and he didn't do much of anything but control the top against lil nog. these types of rough matchups are exactly what davis needs.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    i don't dislike davis, but vinny is right. davis looked completely out of his element after getting tagged by evans, and he didn't do much of anything but control the top against lil nog. these types of rough matchups are exactly what davis needs.
    Davis controlled the striking against Lil Nog with his kicks as well. It wasn't a very exciting fight, but Davis performed very well. Evans was just a really bad match up, Davis was at a pretty big speed disadvantage and his wrestling wasn't really any better. Magalhaes I think will get shut down by Davis pretty handily. Even if Magalhaes can shut down Davis' offense on the ground, it's going to be very hard to submit him. And once it's on the ground, Davis is winning by position.

Zombie is born!

I still think Vinny gets the sub

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Mr wonderful goes from disposing the likes of brian stann, goose, lil nog and loses (by decision) to rashad and starts back at the bottom of the barrel? guess i shouldn't be shocked at this point but hey, another stellar match up. phil davis wins by how ever he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    Mr wonderful goes from disposing the likes of brian stann, goose, lil nog and loses (by decision) to rashad and starts back at the bottom of the barrel? guess i shouldn't be shocked at this point but hey, another stellar match up. phil davis wins by how ever he pleases
    We call that "getting fitched".
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    Vinny is at the bottom of the barrel? He's pretty well respected, a solid top 20.

Zombie is born!

Thread Information