Thread: Vladimir Matyushenko Headed to Bellator

Default Vladimir Matyushenko Headed to Bellator

Vladimir Matyushenko Headed to Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Vladimir Matyushenko was swept out of the Octagon following a two-fight skid, but has been picked up by Bellator MMA.

Company president Bjorn Rebney on Wednesday confirmed the signing first reported by TheMMAReport.com.

Now, more than 15 years later, he is still competitive against the best fighters in the world.

His latest run through the UFC saw Matyushenko win four of his seven fights, losing only to current UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, current top contender Alexander Gustafsson, and Top 10 ranked Ryan Bader.

“(Matyushenko) is convinced at this stage of his career that he is at a place that he can really still excel and compete at a very high level,” Rebney told TheMMAReport.com.

Matyushenko will be put into the mix in Bellator’s light heavyweight division, although it was unclear at the time of publication if he would debut during the promotion’s Summer Series light heavyweight tournament alongside “King Mo” Lawal or if he would make his first Bellator start during Season 9 this fall.
    Solid pickup for Bellator, his only losses in the UFC were to top 10 fighters.

Can't wait to see Vlady compete again! (He was my wrestling coach for 2 years in California, so i'm always excited to see him fight).
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I love the janitor! It would be great to see him win that tourney and wear a belt again.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Good on Vlad and Bellator.

Bellator needs a 'name' your average non Bellator fan will recognize as a champ.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This is friggin awesome! I hope he makes his debut this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

"big names" don't seem to go to bellator and dominate....maybe it's because these "B Class" fighters aren't quite so B Class as many would like to believe. Or maybe they see a Big name and bring their A game to get the Upset. I don't that the Janitor will do much cleaning up in the tourny, although see him fight King Mo could be interesting...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I could see Vlady posing a serious threat to most in the Bellator LHW division. King Mo for example. He has the wrestling to keep it standing against him and the knockout power to pose a threat to Mo in the stand up department as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information