Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chael Sonnen Recounts Almost Getting Punched by Fan at TUF 17 Finale

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Dude what the hell are you talking about?!?! If Sonnen didn't earn this title shot then this is the first I'm hearing about it.
    If you aren't being sarcastic you must be one of the only people on earth who think Sonnen earned his shot. I'm gonna have to assume you were being sarcastic because not that many people are that stupid or such a big nutthugger that they actually convince themselves of that.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    If you aren't being sarcastic you must be one of the only people on earth who think Sonnen earned his shot. I'm gonna have to assume you were being sarcastic because not that many people are that stupid or such a big nutthugger that they actually convince themselves of that.
    I have never been a fan of Chael but I feel this needs to be said

I don't know what he ment but I feel Sonnen earned everything he has gotten in mma. The man has worked his ass and mouth off to get we're he is right now. Other people had a chance of fighting jones but for some reason or another it worked out that Chael was in the right place at the right time and is fighting for the lhw title.

Is he deserving maybe not but the man has worked for years to be at the top of the heap in mma and now he is reaping the benefits of those years of hard work IMO.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post

I don't know what he ment but I feel Sonnen earned everything he has gotten in mma. The man has worked his ass and mouth off to get we're he is right now. Other people had a chance of fighting jones but for some reason or another it worked out that Chael was in the right place at the right time and is fighting for the lhw title.

Is he deserving maybe not but the man has worked for years to be at the top of the heap in mma and now he is reaping the benefits of those years of hard work IMO.
    I get what you are saying and I pretty much agree that he worked his way to the top of the heap at 185 and used his mouth well to get him the spotlight. Props to him for that. And props to him for being willing to take a savage beating on short notice to save a card.

But that doesn't make him the top contender at 205 and therefore shouldn't earn him a title shot.

People can understand why Sonnen is getting a title shot and agree or disagree with it. I thoroughly disagree with it and think its a huge black eye for the sport, but that's my opinion.

But anyone who actually thinks Sonnen has earned a title fight at 205 is a delusional nutthugger.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 04-21-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post

I am sorry but there are other guys that I am pretty sure that have worked even harder than Sonnen, and that deserve that title match much more than Chael.

Let's be real, the reason he got this particular title shot is because of his mouth, not because he worked so hard for many years.
    He worked so hard for many years and that is why he is a Top 5 fighter in the MW division.
    But he got the shot for the LHW title only because he hypes fights and that means more money for the UFC.

All the "Chael got this shot because everyone else said "NO" is just a bullshit excuse made by the UFC.
    He is a good wrestler and a good entertainer and a very good Troll. But him getting a title shot at Jones is just a joke.

But nevermind, next week it will be all over and hopefully next time the contender will be someone that fought his way to the title shot, not just tweeted it.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information