Thread: Daniel Cormier on 205: 'I want to fight someone who actually advances my career'

1. Default Daniel Cormier on 205: 'I want to fight someone who actually advances my career'

Daniel Cormier on a potential move to 205: 'I want to fight someone who actually advances my career' - Bloody Elbow

aniel Cormier was the featured guest analyst on last night's edition of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV and, aside from giving insight into some of the upcoming fights at UFC 159, also talked a little about his career. Cormier defeated Frank Mir at UFC on Fox 7, winning a relatively wide decision.

Given that Cormier is training partners with UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and has said in the past that the two of them will never fight, many fans and media have wondered if Cormier will follow through on prior musings that he may drop to light heavyweight.

When asked on the broadcast if this was something he was interested in, Cormier responded "Iím thinking about both weight divisions. Iíve been watching the rankings and I want to fight someone who actually advances my career. Iím interested in big fights. Iím getting with my team this week and to make a decision."
    It's a non-committal answer from Cormier who could be in a position challenge for either title within the year.

The one concern for Cormier and a possible light heavyweight run is his history of kidney issues when cutting weight. These problems forced him to not compete in the Olympic games in 2008, a year when he was named team captain.

So a potential fight between Comier and Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title remains a possibility, so long as Jones manages to get by Chael Sonnen this Saturday at UFC 159.

That's not really much of a question in D.C.'s mind though "Chaelís speeches are great. But Jon Jones is the man and is going to win this fight. But Chael, go out there, take him down and set the game plan and the way to beat Jon Jones for the rest of us!"
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

2. Default

Cormier defeated Frank Mir at UFC on Fox 7, winning a relatively dull and boring decision.
    Fixed

Now on to the topic, with his past history of cutting, I do not see him making 205 and/or being ready to fight if he makes 205. With that said, where did this come from/
    So a potential fight between Comier and Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title remains a possibility, so long as Jones manages to get by Chael Sonnen
    How is a guy that has never fought in a division going to get a titleshot?

o yeah that's right Dana does anything to make$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--Dana is already hyping somewhere to someone I bet
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I would ask Pettis.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I would ask Pettis.
    Or Frankie Edgar
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

A good way to advance his career would be to not dry hump a guy he is stronger than and has better wrestling and striking and speed to a boring decision when he's the co-main event on a card. Jon Fitch was yawnin watching that one.
    LJS-NEMS

You know what is a good way to advance your career? PREFORM WELL INSIDE THE CAGE. It really is that simple. The way to a title shot is either be a good shit talker, or you need to be an exciting fighter. It doesnt really matter who you fight as long as you are exciting.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information